Schools

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
avilela

Schools

Postby avilela » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:51 pm

I will be moving from Dallas to Peru the end of 2013 and would like some advice on schools that teach both English & Spanish for a 7 year old. Not sure which area we will be living but schools will be very important so any advice I could get would be much appreciated.

opusedward

Re: Schools

Postby opusedward » Sun May 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I noticed this didn't get any answers. I am also looking at moving to Peru with my now, 8 year old son. He's lived in Honduras for 5 years, and 3 in Canada all in all. His spanish was fluent (for a six year old anyway) when he left Honduras but now a bit rusty. He's bright, and has been classified as gifted here in Canada. We're to be around Lima, although exact place is not yet determined.

He went to a small private school in Honduras which worked well for him. But I think he needs more resources now that he's older. I'd like him to pick up his spanish and have a school experience that value creativity and innovation, but also makes him work. He loves lego, history, science, and social science type projects.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Lorna
Jalapenomel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Schools

Postby Jalapenomel » Thu May 17, 2012 1:54 pm

opusedward wrote:I noticed this didn't get any answers. I am also looking at moving to Peru with my now, 8 year old son. He's lived in Honduras for 5 years, and 3 in Canada all in all. His spanish was fluent (for a six year old anyway) when he left Honduras but now a bit rusty. He's bright, and has been classified as gifted here in Canada. We're to be around Lima, although exact place is not yet determined.

He went to a small private school in Honduras which worked well for him. But I think he needs more resources now that he's older. I'd like him to pick up his spanish and have a school experience that value creativity and innovation, but also makes him work. He loves lego, history, science, and social science type projects.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Lorna

There are a several good bilingual schools here in Lima, it all depends on how much you want to spend. Probably the best schools (and the most expensive are): Hiram Bingham, Roosevelt and Newton College.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register