Euro 2012

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
cbr600

Euro 2012

Postby cbr600 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi all -

I may be living in Miraflores, Lima, Peru .... but I'm still English at heart and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good bar that will be showing the England games during Euro 2012 ?

Many thanks !

Carolyn.

docster67
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Euro 2012

Postby docster67 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:46 am

Houlihans @ 257 calle Berlin ( 100 yards from pizza ally) are definately showing all the english games and i would guess "Old pub " at the far end of Pazza alley will be showingthem too. Both are english owned bars ( old Pub a joint ownership between an english guy and a aussie.
Personally o would go to houlihans.

to check what time there on or what time the bar opens take a look on there facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Houlih ... 7307035826

Best Wishes
Andy
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:53 pm

The old pub is always usually open soon for champions league football so theres usually a little football crowd in there for those games, id say houllihans should be open as well. Both are nice little pubs with a expat crowd. Those would easily be the best choices for places to go.

Whats the crack with the brenchley arms can any one tell me, it doesnt open til late about 7pm and is it really a expat type of pub??? I heard its no longer owned by a brit. Also whos showing the actual euro games? i caught the holland game this morning but the germany portugal game wasnt on any of the channels i have. Are only a few games being shown during the group stages???
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm

SilverbackPeru wrote:The old pub is always usually open soon for champions league football so theres usually a little football crowd in there for those games, id say houllihans should be open as well. Both are nice little pubs with a expat crowd. Those would easily be the best choices for places to go.

Whats the crack with the brenchley arms can any one tell me, it doesnt open til late about 7pm and is it really a expat type of pub??? I heard its no longer owned by a brit. Also whos showing the actual euro games? i caught the holland game this morning but the germany portugal game wasnt on any of the channels i have. Are only a few games being shown during the group stages???

Benchley Arm's is owned by Mikes (Old Pub) ex-wife and the english pub in Barranco is owned by Mike's ex-girlfriend. It appears if you want an english pub here in Lima you should consider dating Mike!
cbr600

Postby cbr600 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Great - thanks guys ..... looks like I'll head down to Houlihans on Monday !!
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:06 pm

any one know what time houlihans or the old pub open tomorrow???
amylimena
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby amylimena » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 am

They open 15 minutes before kick off...today's England/France game is at 11am so they'll open at 10:45.
gooo

Postby gooo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 am

SilverbackPeru wrote:Also whos showing the actual euro games? i caught the holland game this morning but the germany portugal game wasnt on any of the channels i have. Are only a few games being shown during the group stages???

ATV and Global TV are only showing half of the group stage games. All of the games in the knock-out stages will be televised.

DirecTV has all of the games.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register