Buying Brazilian Reais

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
curlyguy18
Gold Member
Gold Member

Buying Brazilian Reais

Postby curlyguy18 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi. I know I can exchange money into reais at the airport both here in Lima and in Brazil. I was wondering, though, if anyone knows of another place where I can exchange my money into reais?

Thanks,

Jr.

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Buying Brazilian Reais

Postby chi chi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

curlyguy18 wrote:Hi. I know I can exchange money into reais at the airport both here in Lima and in Brazil. I was wondering, though, if anyone knows of another place where I can exchange my money into reais?

Thanks,

Jr.

Don`t change money at the airport. It`s a RIP OFF. They give you worst possible exchange rate.

Better to withdraw Reales from an ATM in Brasil or change at exchange offices in Brasil.
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby fanning » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:46 am

I just went to Brazil, the best exchange rate I got was just paying everything with my credit card !
It gave me an exchange rate of like 1.97 real to the dollar, while changing cash
gave me 1.8 and 1.6

In most places you can pay with a credit card
VicManu

Postby VicManu » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:12 pm

curlyguy18 wrote:Hi. I know I can exchange money into reais at the airport both here in Lima and in Brazil. I was wondering, though, if anyone knows of another place where I can exchange my money into reais?

Thanks,

Jr.

Today I changed ripped dollars in Jiron Ocoña next to Hotel Bolivar in Plaza San martin. They exchange soles for brazilian reales.
I asked them and they said
1 real = 1.15 nuevos soles.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register