Indecopi question

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Indecopi question

Postby sunflower » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:00 pm

A while back you could register with Indecopi avoiding unwanted "spam" and promo calls. Back then we registered and after a few weeks calls especially from banks wanting to "sell" credit cards etc. stopped. Three month ago we changed our telephone number and the same nonsense starts again. At least every 2 days I get calls now not only from banks, strange consultancy companies, etc. wanting to sell me something. I'm really getting sick and tired of it. What really makes me angry that Movistar seems to forward all personal data you have to give them. Anyhow today I searched the Indecopi website for the page where you can register, but didn't find it. I as well can't remember the name of the campaign. Any ideas?

stuart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Indecopi question

Postby stuart » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:34 pm

sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:02 pm

No Insista! ... Thats' exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 pm

sunflower wrote:A while back you could register with Indecopi avoiding unwanted "spam" and promo calls. Back then we registered and after a few weeks calls especially from banks wanting to "sell" credit cards etc. stopped. Three month ago we changed our telephone number and the same nonsense starts again. At least every 2 days I get calls now not only from banks, strange consultancy companies, etc. wanting to sell me something. I'm really getting sick and tired of it.

I was used to get hassled a lot by those people when I lived in the UK.

But there are two things I did:

Either I said that I am just an employee and I am going to get the landlord and asked them to please hold the line. But...I 'forgot' to get the non existing landlord.

(One time, a guy even hold on the phone for more than 45 MINUTES!!! I think he was new. 45 minutes after I told them to hold on, I suddenly heard someone yelling 'hello' through my phone. I was sitting on my toilet and was allready forgotten about the call I got. ha ha ha)

The other thing I did was just saying that I don't speak in English. (I did the same with double glazing touts that knock on my door and Jehovah witnesses.
Or started yelling to them in my own language.
Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Lloyd007 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:16 pm

This is one of the most helpful posts I have used on here! (Not the Chi Chi comment).

I often get nonsense calls on our home line trying to sell me junk... but ah ha, not anymore! Thank you!!!

The form is quick and simple to complete too, which is ace news for everyone.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register