CE only in Lima?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
kuranaga
Silver Member
Silver Member

CE only in Lima?

Postby kuranaga » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi

any one knows, whether the carnet de extranjero can only be done in Lima? If I live in a province, do I need to come to Lima for all the stuff with Interpol etc, or is there local (per province) office to do all that?

thanks!

rubble
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: CE only in Lima?

Postby rubble » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:13 am

Yes. Get the card done in Lima, but after that the stamps can be issued in the provinces.
ABEJORRO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ABEJORRO » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Dear expat,

Your CE can be get in any of the cities where DIGEMIN has branch offices, but we aware that it will take much longer because all is decided, approved and stamped in Lima.

Best wishes,

Rafael Delgado
Rafael F. Delgado-Pacheco

http://www.delgadopachecolaw.com
monsulim
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby monsulim » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I believe that you can start the CE process in province (I live in Pucallpa), but you still need to go to Lima to do Interpol. My CE was a religious one, but that changed when I married a Peruvian. I did that change in Pucallpa but had to go to Lima for Interpol and to DIGEMIN to get my actual CE. I told the jefe at Interpol that I was from Pucallpa, and if I could pick up my Interpol report asap. He asked my nationality and told me to come the next day to pick it up. The TASA and prorroga I can get done in Pucallpa.
ABEJORRO
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ABEJORRO » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 am

That is right.

Sadly Peru is very focused in Lima and most state agencies convey final resolutions to chiefs in Lima.

Anyway if it is hard to travel from Pucallpa to Lima, you can start all procedures at the local DIGEMIN or Police offices.

Have a great day.

Rafael Delgado
Rafael F. Delgado-Pacheco

http://www.delgadopachecolaw.com

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register