Creation Golf training Center

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
mederico en lima

Creation Golf training Center

Postby mederico en lima » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Looking at golf, here in Lima, I am building a project to create the first Golf training center in Lima.
As a 25 years old golf player, i am surprise to see that there is no practice of golf in Lima...
For many foreigners, golf and holidays is a part of the dream they want to have here in Peru.
Begining this creation, i am surching for informations, and all what you can say and supports for this.

americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Creation Golf training Center

Postby americorps » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm

There is only one public golf course in Peru, and it is a strange desert course with no grass, they give you a piece of astroturf when you tee off and it is at KM 40 Sur. The rest of the courses have prices that range betwen 50 to 100 Thousand dollars to join and are very strick and exclusive and find great joy in denying people admittance.

Even the biggest and best golf course in Peru, Los Inkas though they are on the LATAM PGA and bost thousands of members, at best have 250 to 300 regular players. Being a member of the club is of great importance to many wealthy peruvians, playing golf, not so much.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm

I think the idea is wonderful and I wish you all the best of luck. Please make sure and do whatever demographic studies you might need to ensure that you will have enough clientele to make it viable. People in Peru generally don't play golf, can't afford golf clubs, but I think that could change if it was more accessible. In my opinion very few businesses can stay afloat that only cater to foreigners! Anyways, I like the idea.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 pm

sbaustin wrote:I think the idea is wonderful and I wish you all the best of luck. Please make sure and do whatever demographic studies you might need to ensure that you will have enough clientele to make it viable. People in Peru generally don't play golf, can't afford golf clubs, but I think that could change if it was more accessible. In my opinion very few businesses can stay afloat that only cater to foreigners! Anyways, I like the idea.

I think his idea is great. It will do very well if he charges democratic rates. I don't understand why golf is so expensive. There's no reason for it to be so expensive. It's just a field with grass with some holes in it. And cheap golfclubs are made in China.
The best thing is not charge an annual fee but a daily fee to use the golf course. And extra money can be made buy renting out golfclubs.
Put a snackbar on the site that sells burgers, salchipapas, fries, icecream and pizzas and you will make good money.

Golf lessons will be popular as few people know how to play it.
Golf lessons for children will do well too as I never heard of a places that does it.

Most people you see playing golf at present are middleaged to old rich people but if it becomes affordable then it will attract a younger crowd and children.

I am sure that if someone starts a democratically priced golf course then he will take away customers from the existing ones and the existing ones will drop their prices dramatically.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:21 pm

very well thought out plan chi chi. you should be a business consultant. that list of options makes perfect sense.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:06 pm

I agree, except for the very last bit -

chi chi wrote:I am sure that if someone starts a democratically priced golf course then he will take away customers from the existing ones and the existing ones will drop their prices dramatically.

The existing ones have those very high rates on purpose, to keep out the "lower classes". They won't be lowering their prices for competition - they will very happily point out that they don't allow in the sort of folks you'd find at a lower priced establishment.
English Trainer

Postby English Trainer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 am

Let me know if/when it opens =) I would love to get some tee time in!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register