Question regarding looking for somebody in Peru

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
bob2lan

Question regarding looking for somebody in Peru

Postby bob2lan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:32 pm

Not sure where to post this. I was just wondering if there is a place where I can try to locate my husband's ex since she kidnapped him and took him to Peru without our authorization. We are trying to get a welfare check done and we've been unable to get an address for her. All I know is she lives in La Molina with her current husband and I have both their names. Thanks for any help or suggestions that can be provided.

sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Question regarding looking for somebody in Peru

Postby sunflower » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:15 am

Haven't you just seen her and her lawyer? She wants more money, but didn't give you an account number to transfer it to or an address or a phone number??? Have you checked the phone book, paginas blancas?

Just read your post again: She kidnapped your husband???
bob2lan

Postby bob2lan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Hah! I'm sorry! I royally messed that one up. She took my stepson illegally out of the US. We're still paying child support and it goes through Moneygram. She will not give us her address and she told her son not to give it to us, either (he is 11 yrs old). I've been trying to find out if there is a social network website for Peru that I may be able to find either her or my stepson as well but haven't had much luck while searching through the internet.
bob2lan

Postby bob2lan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Also - we have only a cell phone number. We just want to find him and get an address so we can conduct the welfare check through the US State dept. We do have a lawyer but this is costing a fortune and we are trying to do some of the legwork ourselves.
rama0929
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rama0929 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:46 pm

bob2lan wrote:Hah! I'm sorry! I royally messed that one up. She took my stepson illegally out of the US. We're still paying child support and it goes through Moneygram. She will not give us her address and she told her son not to give it to us, either (he is 11 yrs old). I've been trying to find out if there is a social network website for Peru that I may be able to find either her or my stepson as well but haven't had much luck while searching through the internet.

Facebook, Hi5 & Sonico are/were pretty popular.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Can't her lawyer be forced to give that information, since she has broken international law? I realize there's lawyer/client confidentiality, but I believe the child's rights overrule that.
bob2lan

Postby bob2lan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Thank you for the info - I will look into those sites. Seems as if breaking international law brings little results sometimes. Just finished reading "A Father's Love" about the boy who was illegally taken to Brazil and it really hits home. It's very, very hard to get results when different countries are involved. Also just found out the front desk of the hotel gave a copy of my husband's passport to his ex-wife without permission. I would assume that isn't legal, either. Oh well, thanks again for the info. I really appreciate the feedback.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:06 pm

Private detectives in Peru aren't very expensive (comparatively speaking), I'm sure with information on her lawyer, her name, etc that she could be found. I would assume your husband has names for her family and the areas/districts where they live, it's doubtful she'd be too far away from her family.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register