Furniture Movers In Lima

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
anitae

Furniture Movers In Lima

Postby anitae » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Okay so I need a bit of help. In the next couple of weeks I am moving apartments and am in search of a moving company. I don´t have truck loads of stuff, just the main pieces for a one bedroom/kitchen etc, but I don´t own a vehicle. Does anybody have any good recommendations for moving companies here in Lima? Also I was told by a friend that I need to have permission from the municipalidad to enter into certain areas of Surco with my belongings, ie with a van load of stuff???? Does anybody have any experience or advice around this?

Cheers,
Anita

MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Furniture Movers In Lima

Postby MarcoPE » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:50 pm

anitae wrote:Also I was told by a friend that I need to have permission from the municipalidad to enter into certain areas of Surco with my belongings, ie with a van load of stuff????

Yes, that is true. Basically, as I remember in Chorillos, the comisaria usually has forms on which you list your household items. You sign it, they stamp/sign it (I don't remember if there was a set charge; I do remember we were "asked" to pay a "printing fee" :lol: ) and they give it back to you, you then give it to the driver ... it is in case he gets stopped, he can show the police that he hasn't just robbed someone's home.
lij317

Re: Furniture Movers In Lima

Postby lij317 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Did anyone ever give you advice about movers? We are moving apartments also - furnished to unfurnished - so need to find someone to pick up a bed for us...

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register