Getting a Replacement US Passport

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Kelly

Getting a Replacement US Passport

Postby Kelly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm

I had to go today to get a replacement for my lost passport. I wrote a blog post about all the steps, so if anyone is interested or needs to do the same, you may want to check it out. :) http://socialmediabar.com/replace-lost- ... lima-peru1

This is also the process for stolen passports, or if you just need to replace an about to expire passport.

I didn't not mention in the article - If your passport is lost or stolen, you should immediately report it to the police here and get a copy of the police report, as well as notify the Embassy. It could keep you out of trouble if someone else gets up to no good with your ID.

alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Getting a Replacement US Passport

Postby alchemist » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Good info, read the case of a man in Britain victim of a con artist, took him months and months to prove it wasn't actually him who had committed the offences.

Being dual national, I read some time ago that to renew a british passport apparently one has to adress a request to Washington if living in Peru, and at quite high cost too, how strange as there's a british consulate in Lima; my other one is still valid though so am not bothering for the moment.
“Why it's simply impassible!
Alice: Why, don't you mean impossible?
Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing's impossible!”

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register