Dogsitting cooperative

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Abigail0521
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dogsitting cooperative

Postby Abigail0521 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Please message me if you are interested in being added to a list of potential dog-sitters! I'm sick of stressing out about finding care for our well behaved, 1.5 year old pup every time we have to leave Lima.

isadv

Re: Dogsitting cooperative

Postby isadv » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Hello,
I have the contact of a lady that takes care of dogs while owners are away. She has them in her house (pretty big house) and she is lovely. We leave our 5month old weimaraner with her. She's in Miraflores and costs 15 soles per day.
Let me know if you want her contact
stuart
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby stuart » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 pm

Both the cooperative and the lovely lady interest me. I'm lucky enough to be able to leave my dog with my suegros - but it also means we can't go anywhere with them at the same time.
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MarcoPE » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 pm

isadv wrote:Hello,
I have the contact of a lady that takes care of dogs while owners are away. She has them in her house (pretty big house) and she is lovely. We leave our 5month old weimaraner with her. She's in Miraflores and costs 15 soles per day.
Let me know if you want her contact

Does this lady have a yard as well? I would be interested in her contact info as well. Thanks.
Abigail0521
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Abigail0521 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:31 pm

That's great news! Would you please message me with her information?
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:05 pm

I would be very happy to join a cooperative, but please be aware we live in Sol de La Molina and you may think this is a little distant from Miraflores. We have a one year old British Golden Lab ***** so she will have fun with all visitors.
MGT680931

Postby MGT680931 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:22 pm

I would love to have the contact info for the lady in Miraflores as well.
isadv

Postby isadv » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Hello,

Her name is Carmen and her phone number is 993 997 092
I haven't left my puppy with her just yet but my friends have, they met her before leaving their puppy and they do say she has a yard.
I hope it helps you.
Best
Isa
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MarcoPE » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Thank you Isa, that is great information .... I just want to make sure she is aware that you are advertising her services ... we are going out of town in a couple of weeks and have been reviewing our options for dog care while we are away .... I just want to make sure she isn't caught off-guard when we call.

In relation to the original topic, I am shocked at how few seemingly quality dog kennel choices there are in a city this size given the amount of pet dogs I see around town.
sunflower
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sunflower » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:04 am

MarcoPE wrote:In relation to the original topic, I am shocked at how few seemingly quality dog kennel choices there are in a city this size given the amount of pet dogs I see around town.

I think there is no real need. Most people I know who have dogs just leave it with the empleada at home when they are traveling.

We have two dogs as well. And while it's never a big issue to find someone for our Beagle, we are always having a hard time with our Rottweiler. Even though she is absolutely lovely and friendly no one wants to take her. So whenever we leave we have to use the dog "hotel" of Reino Animal just south of Lima. It's S/. 50 per day per dog plus food which you can bring and they offer the transfer there and back as well. The place is quite nice and our dogs came back very happy.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register