Gay nightclub minority partner // Also Hiring

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
GringoNLima34

Gay nightclub minority partner // Also Hiring

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:10 am

Hi all, this is my first post here. Great site BTW.

I am an American who has lived in 6 countries in the last 16 years in Latin America (I'm 34 now). I returned to the states a year ago to form a company which I sold yesterday to my partners and stepped down as CEO.

I'll be arriving in Lima in 2 weeks and will be opening a Gay Nightclub in the Miraflores area. I already have a prospective building picked out. The club will be a very unique concept in gay nightlife, highly exclusive, 4 separate themed areas/bars/divisions with separate music/styles/ambiances, capacity of 500 persons, and based around bringing in international talent for a couple of events a month among other things -- and will also have a swingers/bi area. I have visited most major gay (and straight) night clubs in most of the major cities worldwide, and believe the concept (which I'll keep confidential for now) is extremely unique and is a special fit for not only Peru but elsewhere in Latin America. Peru is also uniquely opportune for this because it has the lowest ratio of gay establishments vs. population of any major city in LatAm.

In the business plan I am projecting US$50k net earnings per month of $75k revenue. If the concept meets projections, I'll form a holding company and open additional locations in other countries in LatAm.

I'm looking for a minority partner/investor who can be active or inactive in the business. The investment amount for this partner will be around 10k to 20k $US (negotiable). I would prefer a Peruvian Partner or Foreigner with a Peruvian husband or wife but am open to talking with everyone.

The project will go forward even if I don't find a partner, however the reasons for a partner being involved can be discussed later.

Please contact me if interested.

Also Hiring ASAP-----------------

Part time or Full Time personal assistant (doesn't need to speak English/must know Lima well and be very sharp) -- 24 hours a week

Part time or Full Time maid (doesn't need to speak English) -- 24 hours a week.

I would appreciate any referrals to potential candidates and I'll have positions in the Night Club available in about 45 days.

Thanks

Michael

Latin America == Work Hard To Party Harder
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gay nightclub minority partner // Also Hiring

Postby sbaustin » Thu May 30, 2013 10:59 am

There have been several nightclubs in Miraflores that have seemed to come and go. Perhaps they are still there, I don't know. Because they have been typically located in neighborhoods where people live there has always been a lot of pushback mostly due to the noise but perhaps also just due to the stigma. Have you done any research into those that have come and gone, what kinds challenges they've had to deal with besides general operational stuff (ie lawsuits, protests, etc)? I personally think that MF should zone away night clubs in neighborhoods but also provide other areas where they can prosper and open. Good luck with your business endeavors.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu May 30, 2013 11:52 am

GringoNLima34 wrote:In the business plan I am projecting US$50k net earnings per month of $75k revenue

If that's possible then there will be much more nightclubs in Peru.
Be prepared to make a $50k loss each month. Especially in Miraflores.
It's common for people here to drink all night in a bar and then they suddenly don't have money. They will tell you that they will pay you next time. (never)
Charge a cover charge and it will be very hard to get people through the door. And the ones that will go in won't spend anything afterwards.
And a gay club??? If your customers get hassled by the cops on the street when they leave the bar, then your customers won't come back again.
Also expect that businesses that deliver drinks, food, etc. will ripp you off in any way the can. They see you as the gringo con muchos dollares and they think that they have the right to ripp you off.

GringoNLima34 wrote:Peru is also uniquely opportune for this because it has the lowest ratio of gay establishments vs. population of any major city in LatAm.

There's a reason for that. Peru is a very Catholic country. Gay marriages, etc. will never be allowed.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu May 30, 2013 2:09 pm

Although I'd question some of his assertions, I think chi chi general point is with regards to some of the challenges of doing business in Peru. It isn't an easy environment to start nor to run a company especially in the entertainment sector.

I do know of some nightclub owners in San Juan de Lurigancho and their businesses are all profitable.
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby caliguy » Thu May 30, 2013 2:18 pm

Peru is also uniquely opportune for this because it has the lowest ratio of gay establishments vs. population of any major city in LatAm.

yes, i agree, but if it is "highly exclusive", you may not get the projected volume of customers.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Thu May 30, 2013 4:41 pm

His only sound advice is to watch the purveyors closely.

I have been going to gay bars in miraflores regularly for 6.5 years and have never been harassed by the police and have never seen it happen to anyone.

As far as not paying the tabs, all the gay bars require you to pay when you order the drinks, so chi chi is making that up too. The only time I have seen tabs is with pre-approved credit cards.

I have alos been to the gay club in San Borja and several in the center on and off over the years and while I have seen some robberies, I have seen nor heard of any accounts of the police harassing. That did happen many years ago, but has long since stopped.

Legendaires and downtone/vale todo have been around and profitable for more than a decade in miraflores. Others have come and gone.

There have been many problems with the neighbors and the municipality and while it can be argued that it is about homophobia, it has much more to do with noise complaints, especially downtown as it is in an apartment buidling. That is a big and ongoing concern with many clubs in miraflores that abut residencial areas, but especially gay bars.

in the last 6 years I have seen 2 other bars in miraflores market themselves as gay clubs, one went out of business because the owner was a drug addict and the other is still in business but is more of a mixed crowd and no longer adverstises as a gay bar, but is gay friendly.

I do agree that your cost projections are very nieve, especially for the current business climate in Lima where everything generally takes twice as long to do, and at a higher price than expected. You will, most likely, have problems with bribery and protectoin rackets as well. You will need to factor that in your planning.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu May 30, 2013 5:04 pm

GringoNLima34 wrote:I am an American who has lived in 6 countries in the last 16 years in Latin America (I'm 34 now). I returned to the states a year ago to form a company which I sold yesterday to my partners and stepped down as CEO.

I'll be arriving in Lima in 2 weeks and will be opening a Gay Nightclub in the Miraflores area. I already have a prospective building picked out.

In the business plan I am projecting US$50k net earnings per month of $75k revenue. If the concept meets projections, I'll form a holding company and open additional locations in other countries in LatAm.

I'm looking for a minority partner/investor who can be active or inactive in the business. The investment amount for this partner will be around 10k to 20k $US (negotiable). I would prefer a Peruvian Partner or Foreigner with a Peruvian husband or wife but am open to talking with everyone.

Please contact me if interested.

Why do you need 10k to 20k from other people? In case the business doesn't work out, will the businesspartner get all the money back or does it end up in your pocket?

What's the name and the address of the company you sold i the US? For how much money did you sell it?
Do you have prove of that?

The nightclub is going to make $5ok a month nett profit. Do you have prove of that?
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu May 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Why do you need 10k to 20k from other people? In case the business doesn't work out, will the businesspartner get all the money back or does it end up in your pocket?

What's the name and the address of the company you sold i the US? For how much money did you sell it?

The nightclub is going to make $5ok a month nett profit. Do you have prove of that?

Chi chi, most of your questions would be covered in a negotiation and NDA with regards to becoming a partner and would be nice to know if one is investing five figures+. You probably won't get answers to them in the forum. Lastly, you can't guarantee the future profits of a non existing business as there is always a level of risk to investment which of course is wise to consider when partnering with anyone.
Josh2U
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Josh2U » Thu May 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I think Chi Chi raised some valid questions that should and would like to see answered in the forum.
A guy making a first time post. Claims to be a former ceo who just sold a business yesterday and today he is looking for a partner with a 10 to 20k buy in. A projection of 50k A MONTH. Tosses out some secret concept he will keep confidential for now for some additional enticing bait.
To me all this borders on spam.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:47 pm

chi chi wrote:
GringoNLima34 wrote:In the business plan I am projecting US$50k net earnings per month of $75k revenue

If that's possible then there will be much more nightclubs in Peru.

Now that is just a naïve statement. So you are saying that all nightclubs should enjoy the same level of success -- that it's not possible to have a very unique concept that does considerably better than the norm? In every industry there are leaders in their spaces who do considerably better than their counterparts. It's also naïve because there are currently gay establishments in Lima doing exponentially greater numbers then the ones I referenced.

chi chi wrote:Be prepared to make a $50k loss each month. Especially in Miraflores.

Again, a baseless statement.

chi chi wrote:It's common for people here to drink all night in a bar and then they suddenly don't have money. They will tell you that they will pay you next time. (never)

You must not get out much. Good luck finding a bar that will let you open an open-ended tab without having known you as a client for a good time, or requiring your ID and a credit card before hand, or requiring prepayment period. This will obviously be managed -- it's not even on my list of concerns.

chi chi wrote:Charge a cover charge and it will be very hard to get people through the door. And the ones that will go in won't spend anything afterwards.

All of the major clubs in Lima -- and around the world for that matter -- charge a cover charge, especially on event nights or weekend nights. Our cover includes your first drink free -- and their is a strong segment of every gay population who are single with more disposable income, and they don't by drinks, they buy bottles. My intention is to target both this exclusive segment along with a trendy younger attractive younger segment -- and bring them together in one place.

chi chi wrote:And a gay club??? If your customers get hassled by the cops on the street when they leave the bar, then your customers won't come back again.

This is the Lima of many years ago. Again, you obviously don't get out to gay bars much.

chi chi wrote:Also expect that businesses that deliver drinks, food, etc. will ripp you off in any way the can. They see you as the gringo con muchos dollares and they think that they have the right to ripp you off.

Having lived in LatAm for 15 years, this is just a part of doing business as a gringo. We will watch out for it as always, and do appreciate your concern!

chi chi wrote:
GringoNLima34 wrote:Peru is also uniquely opportune for this because it has the lowest ratio of gay establishments vs. population of any major city in LatAm.

There's a reason for that. Peru is a very Catholic country. Gay marriages, etc. will never be allowed.

Chi Chi with all do respect -- I wish you would base your statements on fact. Here are a few:

-Latin American countries in generally, including Peru are far more supportive in general of the gay community and gay rights than even the USA, other first world nations, or other regions of the world

-Peru has one of the oldest laws (1924) on the planet decriminalizing sex between same sex partners. Even in the USA in many states, cities, and counties, gay sex is still punishable by prison.

-Peru decriminalized open same sex partners in the military (2009) three years before the United States did.

-Several (highly catholic) countries in Latin America already legally recognize same sex marriage at the local, regional, or national levels including: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Mexico, Uruguay -- again, ahead of countries like the USA. Even in Peru, two of the previous Presidential candidates openly supported it and bills have already been introduced and debated in the Peruvian Legislature, however they were not successful -- yet! It is only a short matter of time until Peru joins this list.

AND

-Almost every country in LatinAm has passed anti-discrimination laws, presidential decrees, or constitutional amendments banning discrimination against gays as a civil right. In the USA -- it is still perfectly legal to fire, prohibit entry to businesses, or discriminate openly against gays. Once again -- highly Catholic conservative countries leading the charge.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:50 pm

sbaustin wrote:There have been several nightclubs in Miraflores that have seemed to come and go.

Are you referring to gay nightclubs? The gay and straight club businesses are like black and white. Even so, because my concept is so different, and there is not nor has there been a concept like it in Peru (I won't give out the details until an NDA is signed), I can't use past history of gay establishments as a success factor, apart from the fact that there are some gay establishments that have been in business over a decade, which means there is "staying power" if the project is done properly and the gay community warms up to it.

sbaustin wrote: Because they have been typically located in neighborhoods where people live there has always been a lot of pushback mostly due to the noise but perhaps also just due to the stigma.

Being located in Miraflores will be for the "Safe Area" and "Prestige" factors, not because we need traffic based on the location. I used to the own the only country portal in Colombia, and also handled all Latin American Internet marketing for the largest retailer in South America at another company I owned, so I have both the credentials and experience to insure that we reach our audience through social media. All this to say that the street where I am looking at in Miraflores is semi-industrial, meaning our night club will be of the "converted warehouse" type (with soundproofed walls), which shouldn't impose on anyone.

sbaustin wrote:Good luck with your business endeavors.

Thank you! I have founded or bought and then successfully sold 15+ companies over the years all over the world. I hope this will be another success story.
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Josh2U wrote:I think Chi Chi raised some valid questions that should and would like to see answered in the forum.
A guy making a first time post. Claims to be a former ceo who just sold a business yesterday and today he is looking for a partner with a 10 to 20k buy in. A projection of 50k A MONTH. Tosses out some secret concept he will keep confidential for now for some additional enticing bait.

I don't want to see spam here either but I'm not sure how one can substantiate many of the business opportunities here. In general I recommend you be wary of all opportunities and if someone does decide to contact the OP or anyone else posting here and there is something fishy please PM me and we will deal with it. If you have a suggestion in general on how you might want these things substantiated please PM me your suggestions.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:26 pm

caliguy wrote:
Peru is also uniquely opportune for this because it has the lowest ratio of gay establishments vs. population of any major city in LatAm.

yes, i agree, but if it is "highly exclusive", you may not get the projected volume of customers.

Excellent comment Caliguy. While the club will be "highly exclusive" -- meaning not everyone will be able to enter because of dress code, pricing, selective admittance by the door person -- I have created a very unique concept to insure that the club is always full the 3 days a week it will be open -- and -- full of both the clientele that will spend and also other clientele of a different variety. I can't get into the details of how we will accomplish this, because it is a unique concept about the business model, which after any investor looks at it, will become clear that the place will stay full.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:31 pm

americorps wrote:I do agree that your cost projections are very nieve, especially for the current business climate in Lima where everything generally takes twice as long to do, and at a higher price than expected. You will, most likely, have problems with bribery and protectoin rackets as well. You will need to factor that in your planning.

As for the cost projections, this is not my first go-around in a tough economic climate in difficult LatAm market. I agree completely with you about the being careful and conservative -- which I believe I have done.

About the bribery and protection rackets -- I have dealt with this for years in LatAm in very dangerous places like Bogota and Medellin, but I must admit, never in a night club business. As of right now, I will just have to see what they throw at me but if you can give any advice on possible issues I will have based on your experience or first-hand knowledge of the experience of others, I'd be grateful for that advice!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu May 30, 2013 7:43 pm

GringoNLima34 wrote:While the club will be "highly exclusive" -- meaning not everyone will be able to enter because of dress code, pricing, selective admittance by the door person -- I have created a very unique concept to insure that the club is always full the 3 days a week it will be open -- and -- full of both the clientele that will spend and also other clientele of a different variety. I can't get into the details of how we will accomplish this, because it is a unique concept about the business model, which after any investor looks at it, will become clear that the place will stay full.

Many gringos arrived here with mucho dollares and a unique concept. Unfortunately, almost all of them went back home penniless. And the few onces that succeeded are struggling to survive.

A succesfull business in Peru is a business that's accesable to anyone because prices are deadcheap.
People in Peru want things cheaply. Quality comes further down the priority ladder.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:54 pm

chi chi wrote:

As I said in my initial post, the 10k to 20k is not just for the money, as I can and will fund the entire investment amount (much larger than the minority partner's investment) myself if I am unable to find a partner. A partner is needed because I travel frequently and want a minority partner who can oversee things when I am gone -- among other reasons that can be discussed later.

And Chi Chi, I'm not going to teach an MBA course in this forum, however the partner's investment goes in as initial capital just like mine, if the business fails, the assets will be liquidated, any bills paid, and the remaining liquidity distributed back to the stakeholders proportionally based on their ownership interest.

chi chi wrote:What's the name and the address of the company you sold i the US? For how much money did you sell it?

Because I prefer to stay anonymous over the internet, and there are press releases with my name and other things on the website, I would prefer not to disclose that here. Furthermore, how much I sold for is none of anyone's business. However I will be glad to provide a full CV to any serious potential partner.

chi chi wrote:The nightclub is going to make $5ok a month nett profit. Do you have prove of that?

Chi Chi, you can't possibly prove projections of a business that hasn't been formed yet -- unless you're psychic. There are solid, conservative, and reasonable projections in the business plan.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:56 pm

sbaustin wrote:

Chi chi, most of your questions would be covered in a negotiation and NDA with regards to becoming a partner and would be nice to know if one is investing five figures+. You probably won't get answers to them in the forum. Lastly, you can't guarantee the future profits of a non existing business as there is always a level of risk to investment which of course is wise to consider when partnering with anyone.

Well said! It's so refreshing reading posts from persons knowledgeable and educated on the topic!
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu May 30, 2013 8:05 pm

Josh2U wrote:I think Chi Chi raised some valid questions that should and would like to see answered in the forum.

GringoNLima34 wrote:Hi all, this is my first post here. Great site BTW.

I am an American who has lived in 6 countries in the last 16 years in Latin America (I'm 34 now). I returned to the states a year ago to form a company which I sold yesterday to my partners and stepped down as CEO.

I'll be arriving in Lima in 2 weeks and will be opening a Gay Nightclub in the Miraflores area. I already have a prospective building picked out.

The project will go forward even if I don't find a partner, however the reasons for a partner being involved can be discussed later.

I would appreciate any referrals to potential candidates and I'll have positions in the Night Club available in about 45 days.

A few red flags here:

-He's only coming to Lima in 2 weeks but has allready a building pick out in Miraflores???

-Jobs are available in 45 days??? We all know how bureaucratic the municipalidad is and how long all required licences and permits take.

-Also, he still has to apply for a visa. That alone will take ages at Breña.

-a swingers area??? Maybe in El Agustino, La Victoria or some other 'hood' but the municipalidad of Miraflores is very picky about what kind of businesses the allow.

-$50k nett earnings on a $75k turnover?? Most business are struggling to make ends meet. And a brandnew and unknown business with make that kind of money? '' If it sound too good to be true then...''

-He's looking for a businesspartner but suddenly will the business go ahead even if there's no businesspartner.

-He's only 34 years old and has allready got a job as a CEO.

-He prefers a Peruvian partner or a foreigner with a Peruvian wife or husband but yeah he says that he's basically willing to accept anyone's $10K to $20K.

I am not saying that it's a scam here but anyone considering in entering negotiations should read this webpage first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance-fee_fraud
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Thu May 30, 2013 8:24 pm

Be wary of any investment you see here or anywhere else. Do your diligence and make sure that if you do enter any kind of partnership you have everything in writing and perhaps have your own lawyer review it. I can't say it enough.

I'm in my 30's and can claim to be CEO of my company, it doesn't take much to claim that title. All that being said, most of the idea is not detailed here and is speculation (all business plans are) and I totally agree with chi chi about the 45 days. I think that's probably not realistic when dealing with the municipality. That figure probably needs to be doubled or tripled.

The skepticism is par for course when posting anonymous business opportunities.
metal moth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby metal moth » Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 pm

GringoNLima34 wrote:
caliguy wrote:

Excellent comment Caliguy. While the club will be "highly exclusive" -- meaning not everyone will be able to enter because of dress code, pricing, selective admittance by the door person -- I have created a very unique concept to insure that the club is always full the 3 days a week it will be open -- and -- full of both the clientele that will spend and also other clientele of a different variety. I can't get into the details of how we will accomplish this, because it is a unique concept about the business model, which after any investor looks at it, will become clear that the place will stay full.

Care to elaborate on "selective admittance"?
Sounds like discrimination to me.
GringoNLima34

Postby GringoNLima34 » Thu May 30, 2013 8:40 pm

chi chi wrote:-He's only coming to Lima in 2 weeks but has allready a building pick out in Miraflores???

Yes Chi Chi -- it's this new thing they call the "Internet" which has these fabulous new things called "Commercial Classified Ads".

chi chi wrote:-Jobs are available in 45 days??? We all know how bureaucratic the municipalidad is and how long all required licences and permits take.

The business will launch 60 days after my arrival in Peru. It's called a "turn-key operation". As I have mentioned before, I have setup companies in 3rd world countries all over the developing world, and setup 1000 seat call centers in free trade zones in less than 60 days in countries much more difficult and bureaucratic than Peru. There are ways to get things done quickly.

chi chi wrote:-Also, he still has to apply for a visa. That alone will take ages at Breña.

Not true. I have a business Visa and the investor visa will come within 30-60 days after my arrival.

chi chi wrote:-a swingers area??? Maybe in El Agustino, La Victoria or some other 'hood' but the municipalidad of Miraflores is very picky about what kind of businesses the allow.

The swingers area is not what you would typically think of as a "swingers' club". The patron won't be having sex in the establishment. It simply means there will be an area for straight or bi people to enjoy "different" types of entertainment.

chi chi wrote:-$50k nett earnings on a $75k turnover?? Most business are struggling to make ends meet. And a brandnew and unknown business with make that kind of money? '' If it sound too good to be true then...''

An intelligent investor will make that call on their own after reviewing the business plan.

chi chi wrote:-He's looking for a businesspartner but suddenly will the business go ahead even if there's no businesspartner.

Yep, just because I can't find the ideal situation (having a partner) doesn't mean I'm going to let that ruin my party (no pun intended)!

chi chi wrote:-He's only 34 years old and has allready got a job as a CEO.

Yes. I am the exception rather than the rule, but in the USA, there are 20 year old CEO's of public companies. I started my first business breeding tropical fish and selling them to local pet stores when I was 8. I finished high school and went to University at 14. I was already GM of Mexico for a large public technology company at 18. Founded a 20 million dollar/yr company by the age of 20, and the rest is history. My employees call me the "bull dozer" and those in my hometown call me "a prodigy". I consider myself very blessed with talents and abilities from a young age, which have provided an extraordinary and fascinating life so far.

chi chi wrote:-He prefers a Peruvian partner or a foreigner with a Peruvian wife or husband but yeah he says that he's basically willing to accept anyone's $10K to $20K.

I never said I was willing to accept anyone's $10k to $20k. I said "but am open to talking with everyone". I prefer a Peruvian partner or someone with close Peruvian family to help with connections and contacts with vendors, providers, and other networking we will need, as well as signing for some things like bank merchant accounts etc. etc. to make the process easier. However I am -- in fact -- open to talking with anyone, because never know what people could bring to the table. Furthermore, I'm not accepting anyone's money. It will never touch my hands. It will be deposited in the company account along with my money. Protections can be put into place in the articles to make an investor feel secure.

chi chi wrote:I am not saying that it's a scam here but anyone considering in entering negotiations should read this webpage first:

[/quote]

There are no advance fees or any advance money being requested at all. The transaction will be handled with one of the largest law firms in Peru, all T's crossed, and I's dotted.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri May 31, 2013 2:18 pm

Landlords aren't just renting out to anyone. Smooth talking won't help in Lima. And the landlord must be agree that you run a gayclub in his building.

-In some of the ''hoods'' of Lima you can get thing speed up at the municipalidad when you pay a ''propina'' but unfortunately in Miraflores it will be hard. You probably will end up in a cockroach infested jail cell shared will a antother dozen ''businesspartners''. The love gringos in there.

You can only apply for an investor visa when the business is allready running and is registered by SUNAT and has a licencia from the municipalidad.
http://www.digemin.gob.pe/servicios_inm ... rales.html

chi chi wrote:
-$50k nett earnings on a $75k turnover?? Most business are struggling to make ends meet. And a brandnew and unknown business with make that kind of money? '' If it sound too good to be true then...''

Why not start up the business alone and then look for a partner. After a year of so, then you can (hopefully) proof that you are making $50k nett a month. Sounds better than taking somebody's lifesavings and investing it in a business that probably won't work out. $10k to $20k is a huge amount of money in Peru.

chi chi wrote:

I am not saying that it's a scam here but anyone considering in entering negotiations should read this webpage first:

[/quote]

There are no advance fees or any advance money being requested at all. The transaction will be handled with one of the largest law firms in Peru, all T's crossed, and I's dotted.[/quote]
[/quote]

With all the millions you have, you can afford a better lawyer than your businesspartner who invested (or probably lost) all his lifesavings in your business. The ones with the best and most expensive lawyer allways wins in court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_trick
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Fri May 31, 2013 2:43 pm

GringoNLima34 wrote:I was already GM of Mexico for a large public technology company at 18. Founded a 20 million dollar/yr company by the age of 20, and the rest is history.

Proof please.

Few expats in Peru have $10000 - $20000. It's a huge amount of money to them.
Most of us are working as English teachers, waiters, hotelemployees, call center agents, retired (mostly on a low pension), living of our savings (on a limited budget) or running a very small business like I do.

If you founded a $20 million a year company at the age then I don't understand why you are trying to get $10-$20k from people that are called by people like you as ''lower class''.
Many of us are socialists (like myself). We aren't rich but we have all we need and we are happy with the way we live.

Tutankhamun became the King of Egypt at the age of 10.Especially his foreign policy was a success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tutankhamun
Last edited by chi chi on Fri May 31, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vivaperusurf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vivaperusurf » Fri May 31, 2013 3:08 pm

What I have read so far makes me wonder, would the minor partner be the one stuck with most of the day to day work?

The projected profits.... Let's assume you encounter the success you have projected, rougly how much of the profits would be shared with your minor partners?
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Fri May 31, 2013 4:52 pm

The questions about the business are great. The scrutiny and even a little paranoia should be expected and no doubt the OP understands that comes with the territory when posting anonymously.

Let's stop the other personal attacks. They are not adding to the thread in any way. What anyone does with their own personal legally obtained income is their business.

I will be removing some of the posts.

** Update **

Many of the more recent posts were removed. The posts that were directly related to the original topic remain. Asking for proof is fine, but it has already been asked twice. Please feel free to discuss some of the more pointed personal grievances in the conversation forums as long as you keep it respectful. Thanks.

** Update 2 **

I moved one of the posts to a new topic. It isn't fair to single anyone out without any proof. Here is the link and it is a cautionary tale about what could happen when dealing with someone trying to fraud you. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22314
Josh2U
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Josh2U » Fri May 31, 2013 6:23 pm

You missed some. The first 2 sentences of Americorps first post in this thread.
"simply ignore most of chi chi`s advice, he makes things up without having any real first hand knowledge."
AND
"Further, he has expressed homophobic sentiments here before, so he is speaking with a biggoted biased."
They don't seem to add anything to the thread, either except an attempt to assassinate a persons character.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Sergio Bernales » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 am

Using the internet to find property in Lima? Now, that's funny.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:29 am

GringoNLima34 wrote:I'll be arriving in Lima in 2 weeks and will be opening a Gay Nightclub in the Miraflores area. I already have a prospective building picked out.

GringoNLima34 wrote:
chi chi wrote:-He's only coming to Lima in 2 weeks but has allready a building pick out in Miraflores???

Yes Chi Chi -- it's this new thing they call the "Internet" which has these fabulous new things called "Commercial Classified Ads".

Sergio Bernales wrote:Using the internet to find property in Lima? Now, that's funny.

He allready picked out a prospective building? Over the internet or the phone, no landlord can and will sign a contract. Also he still has to apply at the Municipalidad if running a nightclub at that building will be allowed.

Or does he mean that he's going to squat the building and run an illegal nightclub without the landlords or municipalidad's knowledge?

]
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am

I've locked this topic from further discussion and updated the guidelines for business opportunities. In the future let's leave out specific investment request and keep those figures to private discussions amongst the potential investors.

If you have any questions, comments, feedback, gripes, or compliments, feel free to PM them to me. Thanks.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register