The Fog In Lima.

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Roger in the US
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Fog In Lima.

Postby Roger in the US » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:19 am

This will be my third visit to Lima and my fist visit during the winter. Are there any days that are clear during the winter? I am wanting to take more pictures of the beach. And if not, is there anywhere along the coast of Peru that is "fog free". I am interested in going north but am I going to be dealing with the same weather?

Thanks

Roger

budley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Fog In Lima.

Postby budley » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am

you would have to go somewhere north of chiclayo to be sure probably. the fog is caused by ocean currents that don't change until somewhere between chiclayo and piura. sometimes Chiclayo is really nice and fog free, even trujillo's beaches can be nice after june, but you can't count on it. Lima, forget it it will be foggy now until october or november at least.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Fog In Lima.

Postby argidd » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:48 am

Hey Roger,

If you want an interesting scenery, I suggest the beaches down south, south - south, like around Chincha. You get a beautiful mix of sand dunes, beaches and if you want also pictures of customs of parts of the town.

The anticyclone phenemonon goes down to Cañete, you will clearly see de difference in the sky color.

If you want to enjoy the beach as well as the photography, do go north. You should not experience the same weather as Lima, as our weather is do to the anticyclone.
Regards,

Argidd

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register