Child leaving Peru with one parent ?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
london
Gold Member
Gold Member

Child leaving Peru with one parent ?

Postby london » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:05 pm

I am sure this topic has been discussed before, but I cannot find it. Can anyone tell me the rules concerning a child born in Peru, flying out of Lima with only one parent ?

goalie3443
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Child leaving Peru with one parent ?

Postby goalie3443 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 pm

We have had to get this several times. You need to go with the other parent to a Notario Publico. Ask them for an Authorizacion de Permisso de Viaje, which is valid for 15 days. Probably S./30 for each child. Each child requires a seperate form. They will ask to see it when you pass through Peruvian Immigration at Jorge Chavez International Airport.

If you need to have permanent deal you will need to get the father and mother to go to Registros Publicos for un poder especial. Then with that each time you travel you will need to go to the Notario alone and you will be able to get the Permisso de Viaje.

Hope this helps

Ciao
Jeffe

http://mochilerosperu.wordpress.com
Peru Budget Travel and Review Blog
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:40 pm

goalie3443 wrote:If you need to have permanent deal you will need to get the father and mother to go to Registros Publicos for un poder especial. Then with that each time you travel you will need to go to the Notario alone and you will be able to get the Permisso de Viaje.

What would it actally cost to get un poder especial done at Registros Publicos for my 2 kids to be able to travel out of Peru alone with their mother? & also the costs for my wife to get an Permisso de Viaje when she was due to travel alone out of Peru with the 2 kids?
I Have asked this question on here before, but have never really been given a definitive answer.

Thanks Rob
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:39 pm

chelsearob77 wrote:
goalie3443 wrote:If you need to have permanent deal you will need to get the father and mother to go to Registros Publicos for un poder especial. Then with that each time you travel you will need to go to the Notario alone and you will be able to get the Permisso de Viaje.

What would it actally cost to get un poder especial done at Registros Publicos for my 2 kids to be able to travel out of Peru alone with their mother? & also the costs for my wife to get an Permisso de Viaje when she was due to travel alone out of Peru with the 2 kids?
I Have asked this question on here before, but have never really been given a definitive answer.

Thanks Rob

Rob I understood your children are British subjects and holders of the relevant passport, in which case they do not need any documentation from Peru.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:41 pm

adrian Thorne wrote:
chelsearob77 wrote:

Thanks Rob

Rob I understood your children are British subjects and holders of the relevant passport, in which case they do not need any documentation from Peru.

Well according to the GOV.UK website they will need some kind of written permission to leave Peru alone with their mother as they are have Peruvian citizenship & are current residence here!

This is written on the GOV.UK website:

Travelling with children

Children under the age of 18 years travelling on a British passport who have resident status in Peru need written permission (Autorización de Viaje Notarial) from the non accompanying parent(s) to leave the country. This permission is obtained by a notary public in Peru. The letter must mention the proposed destination, the purpose of the trip, the date of departure and the return date. If unable to obtain a notarial permission, the child will need a judicial written permission (Autorización de Viaje Judicial) issued by a judge. Children who have tourist status do not need these permissions, however, the Immigration Officer is free to request them in circumstances considered suspicious by the Immigration Authorities. For further information, contact the Peruvian Consulate in London or the Peruvian Immigration Directorate.
adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:13 pm

What a shame. I based my assumption on putting my brothers two young teenage children on a flight back to the UK. I booked them in and took them as far as departure, without any questions, but of course they were on a visitors visa, within British Passports. As residents your children would need to show a Peruvian passport as they would not possess a visa, plus the permission to leave the country when flying internationally.
chelsearob77
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chelsearob77 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:05 am

chelsearob77 wrote:

Thanks Rob

Any idea on the costs involved for the Poder Especial and than the Permisso de Viaje for two kids?

Still not been able to source the correct answer.

Thanks again

Rob

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register