Where to Buy Printer

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
edgeclinger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where to Buy Printer

Postby edgeclinger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Anyone know a good place to shop for a printer? I've tried Hiraoka and Compupalace but the selection is pretty poor. Our inexpensive Lexmark printed good color copies but has finally bit the dust. Thought I'd look for another of those but neither place had any. Everything I saw at Hiraoka was large and multi-functional instead of a simple small printer. Didn't see anything at Compupalace. Should I be trying the big department stores? Wilson? Help appreciated.
Lauris

Loving Living in Lima
victmanu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to Buy Printer

Postby victmanu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm

Last edited by victmanu on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:45 pm

edgeclinger wrote:Anyone know a good place to shop for a printer? I've tried Hiraoka and Compupalace but the selection is pretty poor. Our inexpensive Lexmark printed good color copies but has finally bit the dust. Thought I'd look for another of those but neither place had any. Everything I saw at Hiraoka was large and multi-functional instead of a simple small printer. Didn't see anything at Compupalace. Should I be trying the big department stores? Wilson? Help appreciated.
Lauris

Lauris, we bought our printer at Ripley. We looked around at Compupalace, but it can be quite overwhelming... About Wilson... honestly I don't like to go there just because the área is dangerous, and being there makes you exposed. At Ripley (or Saga, whatever you prefer) you can pay with a card, look for other stuff, you can have a seat while you are waiting for your ítem, etc. And you can also check online or call previously.
I'm sure I saw a small Cannon printer at Ripley.

Good luck!
Regards,

Argidd
rgbjr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rgbjr » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 pm

Hi
Did you try the computer store like comp on Arequipa by the ovalo Miraflores.
One or two blocks after the Market de Inca. I buy a lot of toner there and the prices seem ok. Also there is a New Hewlett Packard store By Jockey Plaza on the same side road as the University of Lima.
Bobby :D

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register