Nacho Cheese Doritos in Lima???

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
justbrickey

Nacho Cheese Doritos in Lima???

Postby justbrickey » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Does anyone know if Doritos from the U.S. are available anywhere in Lima. I know you can buy the 'Queso Atrevido" Doritos here in any store. I am looking for Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch Doritos.

I just got back from a trip to LaPaz, Bolivia and they had both flavors imported from the US available in their supermarkets.

Let me know.

yeahdogg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby yeahdogg » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Hey! Brickey.... I want to go to Lapaz next week.... How did you get there?... I want to take the bus..can you recommend a bus company?.. did you take the bus?.... whats it like?... the fact that they have Doritos is a very good sign.... But I hear there is a lot of crime there however...yes no?.... and in direct answer to your question... I think I have seen Doritos for sale here... in the bigger supermarkets like wongs, vivanda or Metro....but they are expensive....

YeahDogg
clavo

Postby clavo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:33 pm

Yes, you can find them in supermarkets and even in the street kiosks in Miraflores. I'm a huge fan of Doritos but they're not quite the same as in the USA, apparently the Peruvian consumer taste buds require a little sweetness so they add sugar. But hey, its better than going without!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register