Where to purchase Creatine

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Roger in the US
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where to purchase Creatine

Postby Roger in the US » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Can anybody tell me where to find Creatine at a reasonable price? I brought plenty of protein power with me on this trip and figured I could pick up some creatine in Lima. 188 soles at Gold's Gym. 180 soles at Nutrisport. The same exact creatine is 15 bucks shipped at amazon.

Any recommendations?

Thanks..

chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where to purchase Creatine

Postby chi chi » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:49 pm

I suggest that you go to the smaller and cheaper gyms and ask them if they could get it for you. Those places like Gold's gym cater for rich people so they charge accordingly.
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi Roger
Unfortunatly going to the gym and buying sports nutrition is extremely expensive in Peru and the sad fact is you probably won't find whey proteins that are cheap here.

A tub of a months supply of protein at 3 servings a day would cost around $45 back back in the UK but here in Lima expect it to be double! And you probably won't find it at a reasonable price.

There is a sports nutrition shop on Jose Pardo just opposite starbucks towards the ovalo. They seemed reasonably priced by Peruvian standards, but alas exercise equals being ripped off when it comes to living in Peru, whether it be the pure insane gym prices or supplements you'll just have to get use to paying double or even triple the going rate back home. What a bloody con!

Golds gym actually isn't that badly priced when you compare it to the Peruvian gyms either, of course it will be more expensive than the rust buckets.

I would also not bother with creatine as it's not that good. Instead look for a protein that contains whey and casein proteins as these are way better than creatine!
Guiri
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Guiri » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 am

You could try rice and beans like everybody else in Peru ;)
roddd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby roddd » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:25 am

Inkafarma and Fasa drug stores used to sell it not sure of the price
Roger in the US
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Roger in the US » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:58 pm

I brought a 5 pound tub of whey with me so I am good for about 3 months. But I have had much success with creatine. I had some at home but wanted a new sealed container in case of problems when entering the country.

As far as peformance. I know when I am lifting, my lifting weight is increased by about 10 percent with creatine. Especially on the bench and military press.

The key to creatine is taking with a juice, (except anything acidic) that will spike your insulin levels slightly. With just water it doesn't work for me. I learned this from a old pro in the states.

I bit the bullet and bought some for 120 soles...

I will say that golds gyms are nice. That is what I joined in Miraflores but about double from the states.
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:23 pm

The Casein proteins are great from preventing you going into a catabolic mode that's why i like the mixture of whey and casein in my protein. Unfortunatly gym priced and protein prices have meant i have had to give up training while here until i find better income.

It might be a bit of a treck but the Golds gym in San Borja just off Jaxier Pardo is probably the best gym in Peru! There is also a mixed fighting club right next door for those into that as well.

There is also someone who makes custom made gym equipment in Surquillo close to the Maestro center, his webpage is powerfitnesspro.com. This might be handy for those looking to buy home or commerical gym equipment as he will basically copy any design you give him! This is definatly the option i'm looking into in the near future, so sc””w you over priced Peruvian gyms.....i win! Lol :lol:
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Another little trick to help train when it comes to energy levels by the way is to just eat a bit of bread 30 mins before you train, then you have some cards releasing energy i to the body as you train!
mrNoble17

Postby mrNoble17 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:25 pm

SilverbackPeru wrote:The Casein proteins are great from preventing you going into a catabolic mode that's why i like the mixture of whey and casein in my protein. Unfortunatly gym priced and protein prices have meant i have had to give up training while here until i find better income.

It might be a bit of a treck but the Golds gym in San Borja just off Jaxier Pardo is probably the best gym in Peru! There is also a mixed fighting club right next door for those into that as well.

There is also someone who makes custom made gym equipment in Surquillo close to the Maestro center, his webpage is powerfitnesspro.com. This might be handy for those looking to buy home or commerical gym equipment as he will basically copy any design you give him! This is definatly the option i'm looking into in the near future, so sc””w you over priced Peruvian gyms.....i win! Lol :lol:

How much is it to join Golds Gym. Do you need to take 1 year membership or can you pay 1 month at a time. Also can you use all the Gold's gym in Lima with the membership???
"Hope is a waking dream"
Aristotle.......

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register