Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

wall ooze

Postby captcosmic » Sun May 25, 2014 8:20 pm

Bleeding_wall.jpg
Bleeding_wall.jpg (121.61 KiB) Viewed 1002 times

Anyone ever see a redish liquid oozing from their walls in peru? While painting the walls in my wifes kitchen, i had to scrape the paint off cause it was wrinkled. Scraped down to cement, and repainted. But now a red like liquid is coming out of the wall. Short of calling the Vatican, to see if something holy..or unholy is going on, I would like to know what to do about it! Any ideas?

argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: wall ooze

Postby argidd » Mon May 26, 2014 12:01 am

Is that the wall or ceiling?
I had that happen on my ceiling and the problem was the upstairs neighbor's toilet plumbing had gone bust
Regards,

Argidd
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Mon May 26, 2014 9:31 am

It is the wall. No plumbing there. She has a small apartment back there, and above a hallway to the other apartment upstairs. At first i thought it was just grease stains from some unknown over use of the frypan. But whennit oozes out, it has to have some minute source.
barry james

Postby barry james » Mon May 26, 2014 10:42 pm

Not being there to see your kitchen makes it a little difficult to tell, but it could be a bust or leaking pipe.

Bar.
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby captcosmic » Mon May 26, 2014 11:26 pm

No plumbing what so ever in the wall. I am thinking some used oil based paint on that section of the wall for some reason and as i try to seal it up with latex, the oil seeps thru. I scraped again, and will let it dry. See what happens. Thanks all.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register