Technology Center

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Udo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Technology Center

Postby Udo » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:19 pm

Sorry to bother everyone again, but this place has been one of my best resources. I have a 2 year-old awesome Acer Aspire computer that needs a battery. It is not a common model. My former landlord needs a not-so-common battery for his cellular phone. Where exactly is a center of technology vendors in Lima? I have to travel to your capital during this month. Thanks for any tips on where to find rare batteries.


User avatar
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby captcosmic » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:38 pm

I have never been, but you might try Pulvos Azules. My oldest got a charger for her nintendo there, cheap. And they had a variety of "cosas" she wanted to buy.. so might be a good place to start.
Sergio Bernales
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 925
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby Sergio Bernales » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:47 pm

CompuPalace might be worth a look.

http://compupalace.com/
User avatar
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 6060
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:28 pm
Location: Granada, Andalusia

Re: Technology Center

Postby chi chi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:32 am

captcosmic wrote:I have never been, but you might try Pulvos Azules. My oldest got a charger for her nintendo there, cheap. And they had a variety of "cosas" she wanted to buy.. so might be a good place to start.


Just ask someone at Polvos Azules. They steal to order. Whatever you want, they get it for you in no time. :lol:
cjp
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby cjp » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:09 am

Sergio Bernales wrote:CompuPalace might be worth a look.

http://compupalace.com/


Also try Hiraoka, which is right across the street from CompuPalace.

http://www.hiraoka.com.pe/
panman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby panman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:46 am

cjp wrote:
Sergio Bernales wrote:CompuPalace might be worth a look.

http://compupalace.com/


Also try Hiraoka, which is right across the street from CompuPalace.

http://www.hiraoka.com.pe/

Expect to pay at least double what you would in Europe or America, unless you go the chi chi route :lol:
User avatar
fanning
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: Lima

Re: Technology Center

Postby fanning » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:02 pm

It will be around US$ 100 for a replacement battery of a laptop.
User avatar
captcosmic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 448
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby captcosmic » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:05 pm

User avatar
mickd
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: Caerphilly Wales UK, and San Isidro Lima Peru

Re: Technology Center

Postby mickd » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:14 am

Expect to pay at least double what you would in Europe or America, unless you go the chi chi route :lol:[/quote]

I purchased a battery for my Apple Macbook Pro last year in UK for $140 so perhaps that could be used as a guide for you.
Udo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Technology Center

Postby Udo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks all, I think to try that Compupalace definitely because it looks like they have an authorized Acer store.
User avatar
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3044
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Technology Center

Postby alan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:38 pm

fanning wrote:It will be around US$ 100 for a replacement battery of a laptop.



Buyer be warned.

I'd recommend going the most formal route possible, even if it means paying a little more. I bought a replacement battery at Compu Palace a couple years ago, and though it was wrapped in plastic and looked "new", it wasn´t. Batteries - since they are tucked so neatly away in the laptop - take very little visible wear so easily pass as "new", and since old batteries are very easy for people in the business to come by, they easily make it back onto the shelves since making a quick $100 is too big a temptation for some of the less ethical merchants out there.

So yeah, be careful, go formal, and ask for a "recibo".
User avatar
caliguy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:55 pm
Location: Lima-13

Re: Technology Center

Postby caliguy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Alan wrote:
fanning wrote:It will be around US$ 100 for a replacement battery of a laptop.



Buyer be warned.

I'd recommend going the most formal route possible, even if it means paying a little more. I bought a replacement battery at Compu Palace a couple years ago, and though it was wrapped in plastic and looked "new", it wasn´t. Batteries - since they are tucked so neatly away in the laptop - take very little visible wear so easily pass as "new", and since old batteries are very easy for people in the business to come by, they easily make it back onto the shelves since making a quick $100 is too big a temptation for some of the less ethical merchants out there.

So yeah, be careful, go formal, and ask for a "recibo".

very good advise, and will add to the fact that anything "electrical" is non-refundable. test before purchase.
every place has it's own spirit. you just need to tune into it.

Return to “Expat Information”

cron

Login  •  Register