Leaving Peru have Carnet Extranjeria - what to do?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
jayrodblue

Leaving Peru have Carnet Extranjeria - what to do?

Postby jayrodblue » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Hello,
I am planning on leaving Peru within the next month and need to know a few things. Since I´ve never left while having a CE before, I wanted to know if there is anything special I have to do or if I can just go freely to the airport and head back home without any problems? My contract ended at work so I won´t owe the Sunat anything..does anyone have any advice or knowledge in this matter?

Thanks,

Jarod

James_T

Re: Leaving Peru have Carnet Extranjeria - what to do?

Postby James_T » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:43 am

When I had it I would just go to the airport with my passport and travel back and forth between Peru and the U.S. As long as it is not expired you are fine to just leave the country.

If you are leaving Peru permanently it might be a good idea to have the carnet cancelled. Could save you some aggravation if you ever have to visit Peru again. Once I had let it expire and could not leave Peru until it was renewed, it was a big hassle at the airport and we had to postpone our trip by a couple days. I just had it cancelled because I wasn't planning on staying permanently in Peru anymore.
jayrodblue

Postby jayrodblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks James,

Yes, my CE is currently active till next year. I had heard that they take it from you when you leave but I am not for sure about that. Kind of wanted to keep it as a souvenir..So all I would need is to go to the airport and use my passport like normal travel..I think you have to present a document from your former employer so you can leave the country also, is that correct, would you know?

Thanks,

Jarod
James_T

Postby James_T » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:20 am

If you have it cancelled they will stamp your passport and give you a timeframe to leave the country, you won't get to keep the carnet. This will allow you to enter Peru again as a tourist with no problems.

To just go through departures at the airport, as long as the carnet is still valid and your passport is valid, they have no way of knowing when or if you plan on returning. You could keep the carnet, but if you ever plan on entering Peru again then you could run into trouble because they will still have you listed as a legal resident. Then you would have problems leaving the country because they do require the carnet to be unexpired for legal residents. At this time you would need to either go through the hassle of renewing or cancelling the carnet.
jayrodblue

Postby jayrodblue » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks for all your advise James, I really appreciate it.

Jarod
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:22 pm

HI James,

We will be leaving the country and my husband must cancel his residency.
I was looking at the Digemin site and they list the following as requirements:

Formulario F-007 (gratuito)
Recibo de pago del Banco de la Nación por derecho de trámite (S/. 20.80 nuevos soles)
Carné de extranjería con la prórroga de residencia y pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería (TAE) al día
Carta notarial de garantía o liquidación de Impuesto expedida por la SUNAT (exclusivamente para mayores de edad)

Did you have to present the carta notarial de garantía? Or how did you manage it?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,

Argidd
sbaustin
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:39 pm

I've taken two trips in the last couple months. If you aren't cancelling your carnet, all you need to do is go to the airport and fill out the same TAM (I think is the name) card that all Peruvian citizens fill out. They will keep the large page and you must keep the small part for your return trip. When you arrive back in Peru they will take the small card from you and that's it.
James_T

Postby James_T » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:52 am

argidd wrote:HI James,

We will be leaving the country and my husband must cancel his residency.
I was looking at the Digemin site and they list the following as requirements:

Formulario F-007 (gratuito)
Recibo de pago del Banco de la Nación por derecho de trámite (S/. 20.80 nuevos soles)
Carné de extranjería con la prórroga de residencia y pago de la Tasa Anual de Extranjería (TAE) al día
Carta notarial de garantía o liquidación de Impuesto expedida por la SUNAT (exclusivamente para mayores de edad)

Did you have to present the carta notarial de garantía? Or how did you manage it?
Thanks in advance!

You are talking about the tax form...yes I had to have a Peruvian citizen sign it and vouch for me that I did not owe any taxes, then present this at the office in Brena where they cancelled the residency. Once the residency was cancelled they stamped the passport with something stating I had 48 hours to leave the country. So make sure you have your flight booked before cancelling the residency because they expect you out asap. You can always re enter later as a tourist but when the residency is cancelled you must leave right away. At the airport all they looked at was the passport and their computer which stated everything was in order.
e-peruvian
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby e-peruvian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 am

If you want to leave the country and have a carnet de extranjería you may have to get a certiifacte to present at Passport control when you leave the country. The last time I left , in October of this year I presented a Formulario 1692 Certificado de REntas y Rentenciones, I asked the lady at passport control what would happen if I didn’t have this document and she told me that I would not be able to board my flight of go past her desk. The following information is on the internet if you type in “formulario 1692:

Leaving Peru and Income Tax

Published : October 31 2006

By Ricardo Guevara Bringas
Foreign residents who have been residing in Peru can be in for a rude surprise when they try to leave the country if they do not do consider some of the legal requirements specific to expat residents. Foreigners who obtained any kind of income during their stay in Peru are obliged to file certain tax forms before leaving Peru. Indeed, they will be asked to provide the migratory authorities with one of the forms below:
• 1.1) Formulario virtual 1692. Foreigners must ask their employers or clients to provide them with a certificado de rentas y retenciones. By such forms, the employer or the client declares that he or she duly retained the income tax at the moment the foreigner was paid. The employer/client will obtain such form through the virtual services offered by SUNAT and must print and sign the form N°1692. This form will expire after 30 days of the filing with the Sunat via the Internet.
However, note that this procedure does not necessarily need to be carried out on-line at the Sunat Webpage. The employer/client may use a physical form called formulario 1492.
• 1.2) Formulario 1492. Foreigner may ask to their employer/client a certificado de rentas y rentenciones. The employer must sign this certificate form N° 1492 which will expire after 30 days from its signature by the employer/client.
It must be mentioned that in cases 1) and 2) above, said forms will include incomes that foreigner obtained over the last 12 months or income obtained as from the moment the last form was issued if applicable. If there is more than one employer or client, it must be obtained one form from each of them.
• 1.3) Formulario 1495. Conversely, foreigners who entered Peru with the following visas: artista, religioso, estudiante, trabajador, independiente o imigrante and they did not get any income during their stay in Peru, they must declare such fact on the form N° 1495 provided by SUNAT.
• 1.4) Formulario 1494. Finally, where the employer/client is a foreign company located abroad and thus it did not retain any income tax, foreigners must fill the form N° 1494 by which it is declared that he or she directly paid the income tax. A receipt which proves that the foreigner paid the income tax must also be provided.
SUNAT RULES

DICTATE RULES RELATING TO CORRESPONDING OBLIGATIONS TO FOREIGNERS TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY
SUPERINTENDENT RESOLUTION N ° 125-2005/SUNAT
(Posted the 14.07.2005 and valid from the 15.07.2005)
Lima, July 13, 2005
WHEREAS:
(( To subparagraphs b) and (c)) of article 13 of the ordained only text (TUO) of the income tax Act, approved by Supreme Decree No. 179-2004-EF and amend, have foreigners carrying Peruvian source income-generating activities, during their stay in the country to be handed to immigration authorities, at the time of leaving the countryan income and withholding certificate issued by the payer of income, employer or the legal representatives of these, as applicable;
The second and third paragraphs of article 13 ° establish cases in which the payer of income, because it is a non-domiciled entity had not retained the foreign tax or this, during his stay in the country, had carried out activities that do not involve the generation of Peruvian source income, respectively; cases in which it must provide to immigration authorities, an affidavit in this regard;
That last paragraph of the article 13 ° Tuo of the income tax act there is that by order of the Superintendent, SUNAT will establish the requirements and form of the affidavit and certificates of income and deductions referred to above;
Use of the powers conferred by the last paragraph of article 13 Tuo of the income tax law, article 11 of Legislative Decree N ° 501 and subsection q) of article 19 of the regulation of organization and functions of the SUNAT, approved by Supreme Decree No. 115-2002-PCM;
IT RESOLVES:
Article 1-definitions
For the purpose of this resolution means:
a) SUNAT operations online (SOL) : The information system available on the Internet, regulated by the Superintendency's resolution N ° 109-2000/SUNAT and amended rules, which allows that operations are carried out in the form between the user and the SUNAT telematics.

b) User code
: (Consisting of numbers and letters, text that identifies the user entering the SUNAT operations online, according to the provisions in paragraph (d)) of article 1 of the Superintendency resolution N ° 109-2000/SUNAT and amending.

c) Key access
: (Text consisting of numbers and letters, exclusive knowledge of the user, that associated with the user code grants privacy access to SUNAT operations in line, pursuant to subsection e) of article 1 of the Superintendency resolution N ° 109-2000/SUNAT and amending. Regarding the use of the password, article 6 of the aforementioned resolution, it says that it is the responsibility of the tax debtor to take the appropriate security measures, adding that, in this sense, means that the operation has been carried out by the tax debtor in all cases in which access to SUNAT operations online used user code and access key issued by SUNATas well as codes of user and access keys generated by the tax debtor.

d) Virtual SUNAT : To SUNAT online website, whose address is http://www.sunat.gob.pe.
Article 2.-approval of the VIRTUAL N ° 1692 form
Approve the form Virtual N ° 1692, whose submission through SUNAT operations online, rent payers, employer or legal representatives, will generate the certificate of income and deductions concerning the literal b) following article, that foreign nationals must provide to the immigration authorities at the time of leaving the country.
Article 3.-issuance of the certificate of income and deductions
(( For the purpose of the fulfilment of the obligation contained in subparagraphs b)) and (c) of article 13 of the TUO of the income tax Act, foreigners who, during his stay in the country, generating activities of incomes from Peruvian source, at the time of leaving the country, shall deliver to the migration authorities one of the following documents:
a. The form No. 1492, certificate of income and withholding, issued by the payer of the income, the employer or the legal representatives thereof, which form an integral part of the present resolution. This form shall be effective thirty (30) day calendar from the date of issue, period during which the foreign citizen, whose name was issued the form, you can use it at the time of leaving the country.

b. Of income and withholding certificate generated by SUNAT operations online and issued by the payer of the income, the employer or the legal representatives thereof, in accordance with the following article.
These certificates will be issued at the request of the foreign citizen and shall include income paid or made available to it by the payer of income or employer, as appropriate:
i. In the period between the date of the last certificate delivered abroad and the date in which the new certificate is issued. To this effect, in the case of the certificate referred to in subparagraph a) of the present article, shall take into account the date of the last certificate delivered abroad and used by him at the time of leaving the country.

ii. Don't have a previous certificate, you will understand all the income paid or made available to date of issuance of the certificate.
In any case, the certificate that is issued must include income paid or made available abroad, for one period greater than twelve (12) months prior to the date of their issuance.
Also, if during his stay in the country, the foreign citizen perceived income from Peruvian source of two or more individuals, companies or entities, should request to each corresponding income and withholding certificate, and must hand over to immigration authorities, as many certificates as employers or payers of income has had.
Article 4.- Certificate of income and deductions generated by SUNAT operations online
For the purposes of the certificate referred to in the literal b) of the preceding article, shall be taken into account the following provisions:
a. The payer of the income, the employer or the legal representatives of these will present, through SUNAT operations online, form Virtual N ° 1692, automatically generating the income and withholding certificate. This certificate, once signed by the payer of the income, the employer or the legal representatives thereof, may be used by the foreign citizen, handing over to the migration authorities at the time of leaving the country.

For purposes of the presentation of the Virtual N ° 1692 form and the referral certificate printing, the payer of the income, or the employer must have previously user code and access key SUNAT operations online.

b. The certificate is valid for thirty (30) calendar days counted from the date of the submission through SUNAT operations online, form Virtual N ° 1692, period during which the foreign citizen, holder of such a certificate, you can use it at the time of leaving the country.

During the period of validity of the certificate of income and withholding, both for its issuance and for use by overseas, the payer of the income, the employer or the legal representatives of these may print this certificate, through SUNAT operations online, the time that will be required, according to the needs of overseas travel.
Article 5-submission of affidavit
For the purposes of complying with the provisions of the second and third paragraphs of article 13 of the TUO of the income tax Act, foreign nationals must provide to the immigration authorities, an affidavit, according to the following:
a. Foreign citizens whom the income tax not has had withheld them as the payer of income was a non-domiciled entity will use the form N ° 1494, "Declaration sworn in have paid directly the tax", which forms an integral part of the present resolution. They must also attach a copy of the respective payment receipt.

b. Foreign citizens who had entered the country with a visa of artist, religious, student, worker, independent or immigrant and that during their stay in the country had carried out activities that do not involve the generation of Peruvian source income will use the form No. 1495, "Declaration sworn performing activities that not involve the generation of income from Peruvian source", which forms an integral part of the present resolution.
Article 6.-Forms Nos. 1492, 1494 AND 1495 AND FORM VIRTUAL N ° 1692
The forms referred to in articles 3 ° and 5°, for the purposes of their use, can be photocopied. In addition, these forms and form Virtual N ° 1692, will be available to those interested in Virtual SUNAT.
Article 7.-entry into force
This resolution shall enter into force as from the day following its publication.
TRANSITIONAL PROVISION
Single- During the year 2005, the first certificate of income and withholding that is issued from the entry into force of this regulation, shall include income paid or made available from abroad, from 1 January of that year.
Register, communicate and publish it.
LILIANA NAHIL HIRSH CARRILLO
National Superintendent
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sbaustin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:59 pm

e-peruvian wrote:If you want to leave the country and have a carnet de extranjería you may have to get a certiifacte to present at Passport control when you leave the country.

In the last two years I've flown back home (USA) 6 times and have never been asked for that although I've read the same thing you posted. Just out of curiosity has anyone ever had to provide that document?
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:24 pm

sbaustin wrote:
e-peruvian wrote:If you want to leave the country and have a carnet de extranjería you may have to get a certiifacte to present at Passport control when you leave the country.

In the last two years I've flown back home (USA) 6 times and have never been asked for that although I've read the same thing you posted. Just out of curiosity has anyone ever had to provide that document?

My former boss was asked for it, but he was on a work visa. Every single time he left the country.

My husband has a CE because of marriage, and he has never been asked for it.
Regards,

Argidd

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register