Gifts to bring from US

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
edgeclinger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gifts to bring from US

Postby edgeclinger » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:32 pm

Ideas for gifts to bring from the U.S. for Peruvian friends? I have absolutely no imagination, everything I might buy here seems boring. Will be returning home soon and need to bring a few gifts but am at a loss. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Loving Living in Lima
teamoperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Gifts to bring from US

Postby teamoperu » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:47 am

Here is an unusual suggestion. Like people everywhere, some Peruvians like to wear trademarks. Why not bring some Victoria's Secret sexy undergarments for your girlfriends? No VS stores here (though they have staff in Perú to buy fabric they send to Indonesia for fabrication) but it is well known and appreciated. I like mine. muk muk
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:07 am

Little debbie snack cakes!!!!!!
Regards,

Argidd
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:24 pm

I came back with a big bottle of genuine pure maple syrup which everyone who tries loves.
ajwildey

Postby ajwildey » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm

I second the maple syrup!!! I've also had friends who had been to the US request that I bring them back a can of pumpkin. And given that Thanksgiving is coming up, it might be nice to bake your Peruvian friends a gift of pumpkin pie!
danjaker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby danjaker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:49 pm

Ok, you can bring me back Cheez-its, A1 Steak Sauce and Mrs. Butterworths syrup ! :D
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ironchefchris » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:48 am

I bought my wife and mother in-law lighted makeup mirrors where one side is normal and the other side is magnified because I wasn't able to find them here. If someone has a shelf full of knick-knacks collected from all over the world perhaps some souvenir you can buy in the airport, like a model cityscape with all the famous landmarks and buildings.
street legal
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby street legal » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:23 pm

teamoperu wrote:Here is an unusual suggestion. Like people everywhere, some Peruvians like to wear trademarks. Why not bring some Victoria's Secret sexy undergarments for your girlfriends? No VS stores here (though they have staff in Perú to buy fabric they send to Indonesia for fabrication) but it is well known and appreciated. I like mine. muk muk

Glad you found some VS sexy undergarments that fit you.

FWIW, my wife brought down a suitcase full of VS fragrances and cremes.
She sold them to her sister at a democractic price and the sister turned around and re-sold them and made a tidy profit.
chi chi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby chi chi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:50 pm

street legal wrote:FWIW, my wife brought down a suitcase full of VS fragrances and cremes.
She sold them to her sister at a democractic price and the sister turned around and re-sold them and made a tidy profit.

Many Peruvians do that. My gf her relatives who live in the US always suitcases of stuff with them and my gf her sisters sell that stuff and makes a few extra bucks.
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:50 pm

danjaker wrote:Ok, you can bring me back Cheez-its, A1 Steak Sauce and Mrs. Butterworths syrup ! :D

:D +1 for A1 steak sauce. I always bring a couple bottles back with me when I visit the US, and have found that lots of Peruvians like it. Don't know why no store has made an import deal for it yet.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register