Cambio de calidad Interpol requirement rush?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
ajwildey

Cambio de calidad Interpol requirement rush?

Postby ajwildey » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:42 pm

So I'm struggling my way through the cambio de calidad--estudiante residente process. 24 hours after handing in my documents, DIGEMIN emailed me to tell me that a few details were not met to their liking. (Story of my life. I've been in and out of DIGEMIN so many times that the serenazgos recognize me before I even flash my passport.) At the end of the email, they say that I need to present all of the materials within 5 business days or be marked as IMPROCEDENTE (see end of post). I went to INTERPOL right away and I'm scrounging together the other details...but INTERPOL itself takes 5 days before I can pick up the results?! What am I missing...?
Timeline:
Thurs. Oct. 30, 6:00pm: Turned in documents for cambio de calidad
Fri. Oct. 31, 6:00pm: Received email requesting additional documents (ficha de canje internacional--INTERPOL is the first one listed) within 5 business days (so that's the next Friday, Nov. 7 )
Mon. Nov. 03, 1:00pm: Completed INTERPOL request, waiting to pick up results in 5 business days, so that's next Monday, Nov. 10.) ?!

"Por lo que se indica que en un plazo no mayor de cinco (05) días hábiles, deberá subsanar lo observado, caso contrario será declarado en IMPROCEDENTE de acuerdo a lo establecido en la ley Nº 27444-Ley de Procedimiento Administrativo General."

argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cambio de calidad Interpol requirement rush?

Postby argidd » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi,

Do you have any sort of receipt, proof or anything that you did the Interpol thing? Maybe you can show them that and since you are only waiting to pick it up, then they can give you those extra days.

Sorry to ask, but weren't you supposed to present the interpol records with your other documents?
Regards,

Argidd
ajwildey

Postby ajwildey » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:44 pm

I don't have any formal receipt from INTERPOL, all I have is the sealed envelope containing the fingerprint sheets and such that must be sent to the US.
I understood that in order to begin the INTERPOL process, I had to bring the confirmation of receipt of documents that DIGEMIN gave to me after I handed in my paperwork. Which is why I don't really see how the timeline adds up...? But I could definitely have misinterpreted something somewhere along the way.
argidd
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby argidd » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:09 pm

I'd suggest you head to Av. España and tell them your case, don't rely on the advice you can get anywhere but directly from them.

Good luck!
Regards,

Argidd
ajwildey

Postby ajwildey » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:07 pm

Great suggestion, Argidd, I'll do that in the morning. Thanks!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register