Docs needed for travel to the US

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 11:41 pm

Docs needed for travel to the US

Postby monsulim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi everyone -- I came to Peru single, but I will be visiting family in the US for two months with a Peruvian husband and two kids (also born in Peru but have dual citizenship). I was just wondering if we needed any other kind of document besides our passports (Peruvian passport for my husband with his tourist visa to the US stuck there, US passport for me, and both Peruvian and US passports for my kids), my CE, and DNIs (husband's and kids'). I think I read somewhere that I would have to fill out a form before leaving the country. How about when we return? Do we need anything that I haven't listed?

One more thing, what happens if my CE expires while I'm in the US and I missed the end of March deadline to pay for my TASA? Will I have problems entering Peru? Or it doesn't matter since I have my residency stamp on my US passport?

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Re: Docs needed for travel to the US

Postby MarcoPE » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:14 pm

As far as travelling to the US it sounds like you should be all set. The "form" I believe you are speaking of is called the ESTA and I think that only applies for travelers from visa waiver countries and does not apply to others who had their visa issued at the embassy.

As for the CE, I am not sure...

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register