Wire transfers in US bank account

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Green leaf

Wire transfers in US bank account

Postby Green leaf » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:18 am

Hi everyone,
does any one has a way to make wire transfers that for $300 would cost less than 60 dollars? I have checked with Citibank and Interbank and they go about the same. I will really appreciate the info. Thanks in advance.

ardilla
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Wire transfers in US bank account

Postby ardilla » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:44 pm

If you mean transferring $ from your US bank account to your Peruvian bank account (dollars), we've found Xoom to be an easy, less expensive alternative to Western Union or MoneyGram and way less expensive than a bank to bank transfer. The first time you do it it takes longer due to the verification and security process.

Another alternative which is faster is to use Xoom to wire $ to the person in Peru and then just pick it up at the same bank where you intend to deposit it and deposit it on the spot. This is faster and can be accomplished in a few minutes.

Good luck! Feel free to pm me if you have further questions.
Green leaf

Re: Wire transfers in US bank account

Postby Green leaf » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Thank you Ardilla. In reality it is the way around, From Peru to the US. I checked and Xoom seems to work as you specified from the US to other countries. I appreciate your answer.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register