renouncing CE

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:25 am

renouncing CE

Postby jool » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:07 am

Dear Expat Community,

I have a complicated situation with my 15 year old daughter. She has residence status in Peru through my husband (her step-father) but every time she travels she needs to get a permiso from her biological father - which is extremely complicated. And of course the permiso is only good for one trip at a time and only valid for a month. She never has these hassles before she got her CE and now she is traveling a lot for sports. It just seems to be more trouble than it is worth to keep the CE because she will be moving away soon anyway. My question is: WHat is the process for relinquishing the CE and one it is done, what will the requirements be for her to leave the country either with one parent or (most importantly) unaccompanied? She has to travel unaccompanied soon and I am afraid that even if I get the CE cancelled she will show up on the system in migraciones at the airport as having one, and get denied boarding.

Any advice, experiences on this much appreciated!

User avatar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:12 am
Location: Miraflores/Lima

Re: renouncing CE

Postby JanD » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:52 am

I have been told at the embassy that it is also possible to get a permanent travel permission (made up by a notary public). In that case the other (or both?) parents only have to give their permission once by signing this deed...

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register