Gyms in Miraflores/Barranco

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
P_N

Gyms in Miraflores/Barranco

Postby P_N » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I know this is one for the more "google-able" services to find in Lima, but I wanted to cross-reference my search efforts with some of the more knowledge sources here.

I heard the Gold's Gym on Benavides in Miraflores is closing. I know there is a Bodytech not far from there on Av. 28 de Julio as well.

Anybody have any other recommendations in Miraflores/Barranco? I'm open to any possibility or type of gym, it can be a small local gym or a large western style one.

cariboso
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Gyms in Miraflores/Barranco

Postby cariboso » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:25 pm

There is a gym at Jose Pardo and Grau in Miraflores. I walk past it but know nothing about it.
Englishsettler
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Englishsettler » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:11 pm

im going to be living in san isidro....any reasonable options there ? Gold gym seems expensive....anything more basic available ?
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:51 am

The gym on Jose Pardo and Grau and the Bodytech are both decent gyms so i would go for either of those as you won't find anything better. The problem is a Membership for a decent gym costs a lot of money here. Golds gym generally works out as the cheapest option of the main gym brands.

Englishsettler, i would maybe invest more in the bigger gym memberships. There are plenty of smaller gyms that are cheaper but you will find that the equipment is usually poorly looked after and not worth the money paid to join.

I just gave up on going to the gym here in the end as the gym fee was 3200 soles (when on a promotional offer) a year and the cheap gyms were just death traps (Peruvian repairmen again, i just hate them! lol)
selenic

Postby selenic » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Gold's Gym in Miraflores is now officialy closed. There's also a gym in Larcomar called Air Sports Club. Cheaper than Bodytech and quite small but the machines are decent and not too old.
cariboso
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby cariboso » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 am

There is a new gym on Jose Galvez in Miraflores near the Canadian Embassy. Just opened so I know nothing about it

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register