How to obtain a CE in my situation

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
tterbrellim

How to obtain a CE in my situation

Postby tterbrellim » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:40 pm

Hello, I am considering retiring in Lima at 45. I am currently 39 and have visited twice for about a month each time but that was bout 5 years ago, before I contemplated early retirement. Assuming the market cooperates, I will be able to safely withdraw $2200 per month into my 90's not including Social Security which, knock on wood, I should get. A limited amount of this income will be in an IRA which I can't touch until 59 1/2. The rest is in a taxable investment account, i.e. not a pension. I don't mind not being able to work at least for the first two years there so any visa or residency type is fine as long as I can stay for the foreseeable future. I just don't want to wait until I'm 62. What are my options?

Thanks for the help,
tterbrellim

cariboso
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: How to obtain a CE in my situation

Postby cariboso » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:01 pm

There is no age restriction on a rentista visa. You only need to show continuing USD$1000/month income. That income can be from any source. If you want more specific info contact me at [email protected].
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How to obtain a CE in my situation

Postby Polaron » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Cariboso it's right on. Just bear in mind that your source of income must be passive income and you'll need to have the proof of that income notarized and apostilled in the country that it comes from.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register