Discount airline coming to Perú in 2017

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
ironchefchris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Discount airline coming to Perú in 2017

Postby ironchefchris » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 am

Viva Air Perú (launched by the same people behind Ryan Air in Europe) will be offering domestic flights with seats at S/. 60 which will include one carry-on up to 6 kilos. Looks like everything else will be extra - food, drinks, checked luggage, (bathroom ?).

Does the low price inspire you to pack a light bag for a quick trip, ship your bags by bus (or other manner) to where you're going, buy what you need when you get to where you're going, or just pay whatever extra fees for checked baggage as long as it's cheaper than the current LAN, Avianca, etc. options? Or does the low price turn you off, figuring corners will be cut and/or service will be lame?

http://gestion.pe/empresas/viva-air-per ... 17-2174173

Lloyd007
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Discount airline coming to Perú in 2017

Postby Lloyd007 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 pm

I would be dubious over a 60 soles flight, just because it's dirt cheap.

Are the planes going to be properly maintained? What guarantee is there that they are up to scratch?

I suppose all the regulations are in place for their maintenance and general upkeep, but I'd still be somewhat worried. Mostly in life, you get what you pay for.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Thanks Iron for sharing this info.
I remember reading where Viva Air was coming to Peru; just no definite dates.
Competition is always good for the consumer. :roll:
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:25 pm

For me I feel like there are already plenty of cheap flights that pop up on LAN so I guess it doesn't much matter to me. My wife is always on the look out for the deals, and when they pop up she just grabs 'em.

This could be good for people who don't have as flexible schedules, though. Also could be good for people who don't qualify for the cheap LAN flights because they aren't citizens/residents.
Andywalters
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Andywalters » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:18 pm

The cheap flights here are nowhere near as cheap as the flights we get in Europe, and i`m talking about the resident fares, if Ryanair (or the company behind them) are operating them then they will be veeeery cheap, before fuel prices went skyhigh you used to be able to pick up fares to Europe on the odd occasion for 1p including taxes!!! no need to worry about the standard of aircraft, they are all well maintained just not very comfortable. It`s about time we had a proper low cost airline here!! :D
SilverbackPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby SilverbackPeru » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 am

Yeah you have to love the European budget airlines! You can even get flights for free if the location is wanting to promote tourism, i remember that was the case with Pau in France for a while.

Your average flight cost to mainland Europe or Scandinavia can be as little as £20!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register