Procedure to obtain Peruvian residency as a sole trader

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Kintarian Amaru

Procedure to obtain Peruvian residency as a sole trader

Postby Kintarian Amaru » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:10 am

Hi all!

I'm a 47 year old New Zealand citizen who previously lived here for 2 years on a number of visitor's visas. I am now back and in Lima on a 6 month visitor''s visa with the intent to obtain my Peruvian residence card for business purposes. I am not interested in marrying a Peruvian, obtain residency via employment, nor do I have sufficient capital to open a massive venture yet. I aim to run a sole trader practice in the Sacred Valley and eventually gather massive funding to open a spiritual/community centre in that same area.
To this end I visited with immigration in Cusco before I left end of 2014. At the time, I was told, that to get residency as a business operator, I would need to first pay US $60 to immigration via Scotia Bank to start the application process, then get my translated and notarized paperwork, including 3 official name changes, birth certificate, passport and my business & finance school diploma from Switzerland (where I grew up) together, the latter approved as equivalent by an official learning institution here in Perú, then go back to immigration, pay a further US$220, now $235 I believe and that then the immigration department would complete the rest in about 15 days. Given Peruvian time, likely twice that time frame. So now, I'm trying to find out, if anything about the above process has changed. I'd Love to hear back from anyone here who knows. I'm also really interested in finding out more about the Peruvian citizenship bit in 2 years now! Best wishes :)

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Procedure to obtain Peruvian residency as a sole trader

Postby Alpineprince » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:41 pm

My friends who have set up businesses here as "sole employees" tell me the process cost's about $3,000.00. In addition they must pay themselves a salary of about $1,000 a month and also pay the taxes/es salud/cts on that salary. after two years you can get residence. I do not know what a sole trader is, but I wish you luck.
kiranindia

Re: Procedure to obtain Peruvian residency as a sole trader

Postby kiranindia » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:27 am

Kintarian Amaru wrote:Hi all!

I'm a 47 year old New Zealand citizen who previously lived here for 2 years on a number of visitor's visas. I am now back and in Lima on a 6 month visitor''s visa with the intent to obtain my Peruvian residence card for business purposes. I am not interested in marrying a Peruvian, obtain residency via employment, nor do I have sufficient capital to open a massive venture yet. I aim to run a sole trader practice in the Sacred Valley and eventually gather massive funding to open a spiritual/community centre in that same area.
To this end I visited with immigration in Cusco before I left end of 2014. At the time, I was told, that to get residency as a business operator, I would need to first pay US $60 to immigration via Scotia Bank to start the application process, then get my translated and notarized paperwork, including 3 official name changes, birth certificate, passport and my business & finance school diploma from Switzerland (where I grew up) together, the latter approved as equivalent by an official learning institution here in Perú, then go back to immigration, pay a further US$220, now $235 I believe and that then the immigration department would complete the rest in about 15 days. Given Peruvian time, likely twice that time frame. So now, I'm trying to find out, if anything about the above process has changed. I'd Love to hear back from anyone here who knows. I'm also really interested in finding out more about the Peruvian citizenship bit in 2 years now! Best wishes :)

Dear Kintarian Amaru,
I am also in a similar situation. I am from India. Did you get any chance to realize your plan of establishing a sole trader. May be we can partner. Can we get a residency visa directly by setting up a business.

Thanks a lot.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register