PTP - benefits Venezuelans and parents of Peruvian child

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

PTP - benefits Venezuelans and parents of Peruvian child

Postby tupacperu » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:15 pm

We returned to Chiclayo 9/30/2016, we worked on getting our 5 (born in Arizona-Apostille) year old and 14 year old (born in Chiclayo, their DNI. My wife has her DNI.

I attempted to apply for a CE in Feb 2017, but due to heavy rains and bridge and highway outage, there was no transportation to Lima. Then we discovered tha Chiclayo has an immigration office where I could process my CE. Caveat: still had to go visit Interpol to get a criminal clearance, within 10 days. I was bummed, my 183 days onmy tourist visa was up on March 30, 2017.

We were considering doing a border hop to Ecuador, but with the revised/stricter immigration law, there was no guaranty that I could return to Peru, would have to wait 6 months.

While sitting in the waiting area of immigration, my wife was reading the bulletin board and we ran across the PTP, which went into effect the end of 2016. It was specifically targeted at Venezueleans who desire to immigrate to Peru, but since immigration wanted to avoid prejudice by country, it also enacted the PTP for parents of Peruvian children. The nicething about it, it gives you a year the formalize your status and later petition for a CE.

Just got my PTP Friday, it allows me to work and bank in Peru, the same rules that apply to the CE, but it also allows me to travel outside of Peru no longer than 183 days.

The nice thing, it did not require an Interpol verification, just a signed document that sweared that you have no criminal background. Caveat: Venezuelans still have to go to Interpol.

Anyone who has legally enter Peru and overstay for their child, will be exonerated from overstay fees (cool)
Here are the requisite (Spanish)

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... ermanente/

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: PTP - benefits Venezuelans and parents of Peruvian child

Postby Alan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Tupac, that is incredible news! Thanks very much for passing it along. It will have a huge impact on a great many foreigners living here. It is an amazing development.

Alan
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.
tupacperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tupacperu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 am

Happy to help :D
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Wed May 03, 2017 8:35 am

This benefit has been extended to cover all expats with Peruvian kids. We've put together more information here: http://www.expatperu.com/legalities/exp ... vian-kids/
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register