Photography

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
mickd
Silver Member
Silver Member

Photography

Postby mickd » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:35 am

Could you please recommend a place/institution in Lima that will allow me to take photographs. I have been to the Palace for the changing of the guard, and the police prevented me from getting near to the railings to photograph, so group shots were impossible of the soldiers, as the railings were intersecting the shot. Then we went to the Franciscan monastery, and everywhere within were signs forbidding photography. Have now telephoned the Museum of Gold and Armaments which looked so interesting and was told photography not allowed in either the Gold section or the Armaments.
I am a keen photographer and would love to take pictures here in Lima. I am unable to walk up and down steps so going to the Huaca here in Lima is impossible for me,
Have you any suggestions please.
P1010026.jpg
Nice photo of railings
P1010026.jpg (280.17 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Attachments
P1010023.jpg
Nice photo of railings
P1010023.jpg (369.81 KiB) Viewed 1394 times

Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Photography

Postby Formidable 1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:42 am

Propinas go a long way.
Just saying.
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:08 pm

I am not a photographer myself, but I'll just toss these out there:

Parque de Aguas
Where the parapentes take off
The military parade (on July 27 or 28, I forget which)
Take the boat out to the beyond the Palomillo islands and photograph the sea lions
Street theater in the Alameda Chabuca Granda (right behind the palace to the left)
mickd
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby mickd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi Alan,
Thank you very much for the tips that you have given me.
The street theatre looks to be my favourite to go to.
Unfortunately I shall not be here for the Military Parade because that would have been ideal.
jamesmiller123

Postby jamesmiller123 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:34 am

Whether you're a newbie or more skilled with images, here are some of our favorite hints to help you improve your photography!
Use the Rule of Thirds:

This rule helps you're taking beautiful snap shots by means of the usage of one of the only guidelines of composition.

If you need to take pictures which have a “wow” factor built in them, the Rule of Thirds is the composition mystery you want to take gain of!

To use the guideline of thirds, consider four strains, two lying horizontally across the image and vertical creating 9 even squares. Some pix will look excellent with the point of interest within the center rectangular, but placing the subject off-middle at one of the intersecting factors of the imaginary traces will frequently create a extra aesthetically composed photograph.

When a picture consists the use of the guideline of thirds the eyes will wander the body. A photograph composed the usage of the guideline of thirds is normally greater beautiful to the attention.

If you need to take incredible pix that you’d be proud of, through using the rules of composition, take a look at out the smooth-to-comply with Incredibly Important Composition Skills Course!

2 Avoid Camera Shake
top-ten-digital-images-tips2

Camera shake or blur is some thing that may plague any photographer and right here are a few ways to avoid it.

First, you need to learn how to hold your camera successfully; use each palms, one across the body and one across the lens and keep the digicam close to your body for help.

Also, for hand held shooting, make certain that you are the usage of a shutter speed that is suitable to your lens’ focal period. If you’re shutter pace is too slow, any accidental movement of the digital camera will result in your whole photo popping out blurry.

The rule of thumb isn't always to shoot at a shutter velocity that is slower than your focal duration to minimize this trouble:

1 / Focal Length (in mm) = Minimum Shutter Speed (in seconds)

So, as an instance, if you’re the use of a 100mm lens, then your shutter pace ought to be no lower than 1/100th of a second.

Use a tripod or monopod every time viable.

Are you harassed by any of the terminology? Do you want to effortlessly control your digicam and in the end take away the confusion approximately focal duration, aperture, shutter pace, and different settings?

If so, test out our maximum recommended course: Extremely Essential Camera Skills. It’s the easiest and fastest manner to discover ways to take top notch photos at the same time as learning all of the fundamentals of your digital camera.

Three Learn to apply the Exposure Triangle:

To get your images looking their quality, you need to master the 3 basics: Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO.

You also need to recognize the relationships among those 3 controls. When you alter one among them, you'll typically should remember as a minimum one of the others, to get the preferred consequences.

Using Auto Mode takes care of these controls, however you pay the charge of now not getting your photos to appearance the way you wanted them, and often disappointing.

It’s a better concept to learn how to use Aperture-precedence or Shutter-priority modes, and in the long run shoot in Manual mode.

Use a Polarizing Filter
top-ten-virtual-images-tips4

If you can handiest purchase one clear out on your lens, make it a polarizer.

The endorsed sort of polarizer is circular because these allow your digital camera to use TTL (via the lens) metering which include automobile publicity.

This filter enables reduce reflections from water as well as metallic and glass; it improves the colors of the sky and foliage and could assist give your images the WOW aspect. It will do all that at the same time as defensive your lens. There’s no motive why you could’t go away it on for all your photography.

Five
Create a Sense of Depth
top-ten-digital-pictures-tips5

When photographing landscapes, it allows to create a sense of depth, in other words, make the viewer sense like they may be there.

Use a wide-attitude lens for a wide ranging view and a small aperture of f/sixteen or smaller to preserve the foreground and background sharp. Placing an item or man or woman in the foreground enables supply a sense of scale and emphasizes how far away the gap is.

Use a tripod if viable, as a small aperture generally requires a slower shutter pace.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register