Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

WILLS

Postby Wiracocha » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:25 pm

G'day all,

My next query,"after getting my feet under the table" here in Peru is:-

How necessary is it for a married couple to make their "wills", for assets and financials ,here in Peru

I have heard that bank accounts' monies automatically go to the survivor of the couple, in either names, or in a joint account.
However, after all the red tape( & toro excreta) that I went through with my carnet and Migraciones, I am quite wary of laws here.

So, has anyone found it necessary,or recommend, to make wills here, or do I just go with the flow and assume all should be okay? I hate making assumptions though. :-/

Thanks in advance,
W

adrian Thorne
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: WILLS

Postby adrian Thorne » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:13 pm

Now this is a question and a half. I am not a lawyer but have jumped through hoops over this one. The laws regarding inheritance are very strict and a Will can end up as a useless piece of paper. The divisions are set for surviving spouse and dependants, unless a waver is legally signed by a benefactor. However if a good reason is given, even then it can be rescinded in court. If you want overseas benefactors, who are not of Peruvian nationality, forget it. If you feel you would like a Will see a lawyer, but he will want his chunk as will every, including distant, members of the family
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks Adrian,

After reading your advice/comments, I think I won't bother to get wills made...seems the law automatically gives to the spouse.
Cheers,
W
Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Wiracocha wrote:Thanks Adrian,

After reading your advice/comments, I think I won't bother to get wills made...seems the law automatically gives to the spouse.
Cheers,
W

Please check this post:

http://www.expatperu.com/legal-issues/g ... e-in-peru/
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register