Interpol still needed for CE? And bank questions.

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
esteban108

Interpol still needed for CE? And bank questions.

Postby esteban108 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Hi, my wife is Peruvian and I had CE before but because we moved abroad for some time my CE expired, now, next year we will be visiting and I would like to make CE again.

I was checking on the website for the requirements and I can't find Interpol anymore, but I find that they ask for a affidavit or sworn declaration but no mention of Interpol.

https://www.migraciones.gob.pe/index.ph ... esidentes/

Does anybody knows anything about this? My visit to Peru will be short, not more than 2 months so I was wondering if I could make the CE on time.
BTW anyone knows a good service that takes care of the process of making CE for you? Could they expedite it, cause they know all the tricks. (Seen them a lot when I was doing my CE last time)

Another question is that I had so many troubles with Interbank abroad, my ATM card expired and they don't want to send a new one... they ask to give power to a person in Peru to receive new ATM card... I never had that problem with banks from other countries and ask around to friend from other countries as well ex: Brazil and they told me their bank sent them the card. Problem is that without the ATM card I can't login to the internet bank and make transfers.

Do you know a better bank than Interbank? Any other bank that doesn't ask for Card number to login to internet banking and is as good or better than Interbank?

Thanks!!

Regards

Esteban.

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Interpol still needed for CE? And bank questions.

Postby Alan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:34 pm

I work with three different banks, including Interbank. They all now request a card number. Maybe it is a new standard?

Regarding Interpol, some of the info you are looking for might be found here: https://www.expatperu.com/interpol-office-visa-peru/
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:31 pm

For Interbank you need a CE to logon. I had my CE DC swiped two months ago and even after I got a new card, I could not get online until I showed them my new CE and they flipped a switch.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:53 am

"My visit to Peru will be short, not more than 2 months so I was wondering if I could make the CE on time."

Sorry for a dumb question...but given that you are only visiting for 2 months, why not just come in on a tourist visa for that time?

It'll take longer than 2 months to get another CE , mate!! 000's of Vens still being processed and new ones all the time.

Cheers,
W (Retired Aussie in Peru)
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:55 am

Wiracocha wrote:"My visit to Peru will be short, not more than 2 months so I was wondering if I could make the CE on time."

Sorry for a dumb question...but given that you are only visiting for 2 months, why not just come in on a tourist visa for that time?

It'll take longer than 2 months to get another CE , mate!! 000's of Vens still being processed and new ones all the time.

Cheers,

Crikey Matey, if you read the posts you will understand why he needs a CE and not a tourist visa........he needs to access his bank in Peru.
Pip pip cheerio
esteban108

Postby esteban108 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:50 am

Alpineprince wrote:For Interbank you need a CE to logon. I had my CE DC swiped two months ago and even after I got a new card, I could not get online until I showed them my new CE and they flipped a switch.

What do you mean with your CE DC Swiped?

I have no problem login in with CE number the problem is that I can't login anymore since the ATM card is expired and the login asks CE + ATM card number.
esteban108

Postby esteban108 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:52 am

Wiracocha wrote:"My visit to Peru will be short, not more than 2 months so I was wondering if I could make the CE on time."

Cheers,

Thing is as I said, that I will surely need a new CE to get a new ATM card from the Bank, unless they give me a new ATM card no matter what.

Still looking for a bank that either can send ATM cards abroad in case of emergency or that they can login like a normal bank without needing the card number.

Thanks.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:45 pm

esteban108 wrote:
Alpineprince wrote:For Interbank you need a CE to logon. I had my CE DC swiped two months ago and even after I got a new card, I could not get online until I showed them my new CE and they flipped a switch.

What do you mean with your CE DC Swiped?

I have no problem login in with CE number the problem is that I can't login anymore since the ATM card is expired and the login asks CE + ATM card number.

I got pickpocked in Iquitos and they got my CE and debit card.
hojoos

Postby hojoos » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:48 pm

I work with three different banks, including Interbank. They all now request a card number. Maybe it is a new standard?
esteban108

Postby esteban108 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:07 pm

hojoos wrote:I work with three different banks, including Interbank. They all now request a card number. Maybe it is a new standard?

Thanks. Which one do you think is the best in your opinion?

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register