US Immigrant Visa (I-130) for Peruvian Husband

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
monsulim
Silver Member
Silver Member

US Immigrant Visa (I-130) for Peruvian Husband

Postby monsulim » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Hi Everyone!

After 13 years living in Pucallpa, Peru, my husband (Peruvian) and I (US citizen) have decided to relocate our family to the United States. We are in the beginning stages of our immigrant visa application process. We have submitted our initial paperwork, and are waiting for a response to proceed. As we wait, we want to start getting our documents ready, but I have some questions (and yes, I did a search and read up on other related threads).

1. Do the birth certificates (husbands' and kids') and marriage certificate need to be VISADO by RENIEC? Or can they just have the stamp on the back? Our three children have their Birth Abroad Birth Certificates from the US Embassy and US passports.

2. There's a long list of required vaccines listed on the website, but at the same time it says that the doctor can determine what vaccines the applicant will need if he/she doesn't have vaccination records. I read on visajourney that you can pay for a few shots at the embassy approved doctor, but it costs quite a lot. The question is: Is it okay if he gets all his vaccines here in Pucallpa before the medical exam? Does anyone know which ones he needs or should he get all of them to be safe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: US Immigrant Visa (I-130) for Peruvian Husband

Postby Alpineprince » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 pm

monsulim wrote:Hi Everyone!

After 13 years living in Pucallpa, Peru, my husband (Peruvian) and I (US citizen) have decided to relocate our family to the United States. We are in the beginning stages of our immigrant visa application process. We have submitted our initial paperwork, and are waiting for a response to proceed. As we wait, we want to start getting our documents ready, but I have some questions (and yes, I did a search and read up on other related threads).

1. Do the birth certificates (husbands' and kids') and marriage certificate need to be VISADO by RENIEC? Or can they just have the stamp on the back? Our three children have their Birth Abroad Birth Certificates from the US Embassy and US passports.

2. There's a long list of required vaccines listed on the website, but at the same time it says that the doctor can determine what vaccines the applicant will need if he/she doesn't have vaccination records. I read on visajourney that you can pay for a few shots at the embassy approved doctor, but it costs quite a lot. The question is: Is it okay if he gets all his vaccines here in Pucallpa before the medical exam? Does anyone know which ones he needs or should he get all of them to be safe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am going through the same process with my Wife and kids. We are 1 step ahead of you (filed DS-260) and are now completing the I-864 and gathering the supporting documents. I would start working on that and know that any documents submitted in Spanish (passports,birth and marriage certificates, your travel history,etc) needs to have official translations! Don't know about the VISADO thing as all our records were pulled from RENIEC. So far have spent about s/1,100 on translations. The medical exam will probably be $500+ for your husband. I am sure it is okay to get the vaccinations now as long as you are given a record.

Be sure you find out from the school district you are moving to, what vaccinations your children are required to have.
monsulim
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: US Immigrant Visa (I-130) for Peruvian Husband

Postby monsulim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:06 pm

I have to get my marriage certificate and oldest son's birth certificate from the municipality. Since it's not being emitted by RENIEC, I was told that I must get them certified (they put a clear sticker on it). As far as the translations go, someone you know who is bi-lingual can translate them. You write a little addendum at the end and have them sign it.

I, ________________ (Print Name), certify that I am competent to translation from Spanish into English and that the preceding translation is accurate. Signed under the pains and penalties of perjury according to the laws of the United States of America,

I went to the immigration office today to ask about when I need to extend my prórroga, given that I'm not sure when we'll be traveling next year. The agent told me that if I planned on not coming back to Peru to live, that I must cancel my residency by making a payment at Banco de la Nación (about 20 Soles). Once that's done, I have to show them the receipt so that they can proceed with the paperwork. If I don't do that, she said, I risk being fined, which would be a problem when I come back for a visit.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register