Working in Lima

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
leemac

Working in Lima

Postby leemac » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am

Good Afternoon All, I hope this is the correct place to ask this. I am going to be a future expat in Lima, potentially coming in around November of this year with my Peruvian partner who has to return to Lima. I would just like any advice from an expats perspective on job hunting in terms of finding 'qualified' work. I am an IT graduate with 12 years working experience in IT, I can speak a little Spanish on account of living in Spain for a couple of years (originally from UK) but I am not fluent. Do I have a good hope of finding good IT work in Lima or should I re-think my strategy and look at more relaistic options like English teaching in order to get by? Or am i simply asking how log is a piece of string?
Lee

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Working in Lima

Postby Alan » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Hey there... I think the best thing for somebody with your background is to pick up remote IT contracts before you travel, and then supplement your income with English teaching if necessary.

If you commit to learning the language and staying long term here, you can also make a go setting up an IT company if you have the right skills set. Most companies of this type do development work for clients abroad.

cheers.
-----
"Hay que distanciarnos hoy para luego abrazarnos más fuerte".
-Guiseppe Conte, primer ministro italiano.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register