Cost of simple living in Lima

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
asmrio
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 am

Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby asmrio » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 am

Hello,

I'm going to move to Lima from Turkey at the end of next month and i'm trying to make some calculations regarding budget.
I've been checking numbeo and expatistan but i'd like to also hear from people actually living there.

Firstly, I'm not looking for living luxuriously, i will be cooking my own food. I won't be travelling much so the cost of transportation will be less than an average person. I have already clear information about rent and such.

My life style on a weekly basis will be as below:

I will cook my own food at home(inexpensive ingredients)
I will go to an inexpensive restaurant twice a week for lunch or dinner
I will go to the cinema once a month
I am not going to use an electricity heater
I will use Claro's 30 mbps internet(https://www.claro.com.pe/personas/hogar ... rnet-fijo/) or something with similar speed and price
I will go to a Spanish language class

I need information about below topics:

Average cost of cooking at home per month
Average cost of for electricity bill(using a laptop, 2 hours of tv every day, careful about not leaving the lights on, using the dishwasher and laundry machine once a week)
Average cost of a medium quality Spanish language class
And if there is any additional utility payments i will have to make on a monthly basis(except for hydro, the rent covers that)

I'm basically aiming for a survive +1 or +2 life style, not luxurious at all.

Thanks in advance,
Emre


Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby Formidable 1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:11 am

asmrio wrote:Hello,

I'm going to move to Lima from Turkey at the end of next month and i'm trying to make some calculations regarding budget.
I've been checking numbeo and expatistan but i'd like to also hear from people actually living there.

Firstly, I'm not looking for living luxuriously, i will be cooking my own food. I won't be travelling much so the cost of transportation will be less than an average person. I have already clear information about rent and such.

My life style on a weekly basis will be as below:

I will cook my own food at home(inexpensive ingredients)
I will go to an inexpensive restaurant twice a week for lunch or dinner
I will go to the cinema once a month
I am not going to use an electricity heater
I will use Claro's 30 mbps internet(https://www.claro.com.pe/personas/hogar ... rnet-fijo/) or something with similar speed and price
I will go to a Spanish language class

I need information about below topics:

Average cost of cooking at home per month
Average cost of for electricity bill(using a laptop, 2 hours of tv every day, careful about not leaving the lights on, using the dishwasher and laundry machine once a week)
Average cost of a medium quality Spanish language class
And if there is any additional utility payments i will have to make on a monthly basis(except for hydro, the rent covers that)

I'm basically aiming for a survive +1 or +2 life style, not luxurious at all.

Thanks in advance,
Emre


You're on a bare bones budget it seems to me.
Any particular reason why you're moving to Peru?

Cheers!
asmrio
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 am

Re: Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby asmrio » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:22 am

Formidable 1 wrote:
You're on a bare bones budget it seems to me.
Any particular reason why you're moving to Peru?

Cheers!


Hello and thanks for the reply. Actually it is not that bad but i live a minimalist life and i like knowing my numbers beforehand. What I explained in my post is how i live every day even now where i have enough budget to be able to live a more luxurious life, in fact i don't go to cinema once a month or have food at a restaurant here where i live.

Thanks in advance,
Emre
Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby Formidable 1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:13 pm

Okay got it.
But why Peru?
User avatar
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3157
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby alan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:59 pm

asmrio wrote:I need information about below topics:

Average cost of cooking at home per month
Average cost of for electricity bill(using a laptop, 2 hours of tv every day, careful about not leaving the lights on, using the dishwasher and laundry machine once a week)
Average cost of a medium quality Spanish language class
And if there is any additional utility payments i will have to make on a monthly basis(except for hydro, the rent covers that)

I'm basically aiming for a survive +1 or +2 life style, not luxurious at all.

Thanks in advance,
Emre


Average cost of cooking at home per month: Varies widely, depending on how much meat you eat, but roughly $150 per month.

Average cost of for electricity bill(using a laptop, 2 hours of tv every day, careful about not leaving the lights on, using the dishwasher and laundry machine once a week): $30 (maybe that is a little high).

Average cost of a medium quality Spanish language class: There are semi-experienced private teachers who will teach for 25 soles per hour ($7).

And if there is any additional utility payments i will have to make on a monthly basis(except for hydro, the rent covers that). Gas for cooking, building maintenance fees (unless this is covered in your rent), you may also be asked to pay a portion of municipal taxes.
asmrio
Member
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:26 am

Re: Cost of simple living in Lima

Postby asmrio » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:50 pm

Alan wrote:
Average cost of cooking at home per month: Varies widely, depending on how much meat you eat, but roughly $150 per month.

Average cost of for electricity bill(using a laptop, 2 hours of tv every day, careful about not leaving the lights on, using the dishwasher and laundry machine once a week): $30 (maybe that is a little high).

Average cost of a medium quality Spanish language class: There are semi-experienced private teachers who will teach for 25 soles per hour ($7).

And if there is any additional utility payments i will have to make on a monthly basis(except for hydro, the rent covers that). Gas for cooking, building maintenance fees (unless this is covered in your rent), you may also be asked to pay a portion of municipal taxes.


Thank you so much!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register