How can I watch US TV here in Lima ?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Krusty

How can I watch US TV here in Lima ?

Postby Krusty » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:04 am

Hello guys,

I'm in Lima for 6 months and I can't get access to US TV !

I've read this article https://the-bestvpn.com/unblock-us-tv-abroad/ it seems like a VPN can help, but all the VPNs promoted there are charged and it's expensive :( !

Does anyone uses a VPN to watch US TV in Peru ? Do you have some free ones to suggest ? I really don't want to pay 5$ / month just for a VPN to watch TV here ...

Thanks for your help guys !! :)

smnbjj80
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How can I watch US TV here in Lima ?

Postby smnbjj80 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:13 pm

I travel and live in Peru part of the year. I have a PS VUE Subscription (best cordless streaming channel line up imo) and watch it while in Lima. You just have to pair that up with a VPN service and choose a US City before watching on your computer. I personally us HDMA..Hide My Ass as my VPN provider....it is very simple to use and works great. You are looking at about $60 a month maybe for this set up.
Krusty

Postby Krusty » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:41 am

Thanks, but HMA is quite expensive...unless I pay for 3 years, which is pointless as I won't be there for so long.

I'll try to find one cheaper :)
MarcoPE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby MarcoPE » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:46 pm

If you're here for just 6 months I would recommend finding the SAP setting on the TV or cable box and see what channels are available in English.
smnbjj80
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby smnbjj80 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:21 pm

HDMA is $11.99 a month....I am sure there are some that may be a little cheaper but any cheaper and it would be free! :mrgreen:

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register