Keep "Migraciones" informed about changes to your status

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Keep "Migraciones" informed about changes to your status

Postby alan » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Do you have a "carné de extranjeria"? If so, be aware that Migrations is actively applying fines to those who do not update personal information, such as address, foreign passport number (if you renew) employer and marital status, within 30 days of the change. The fine is 42 soles per month,per item.

Here is a little more background:

Residents should note that the photo, biometric data, address, marriage status, employer, among others, must be updated before the National Superintendence of Immigration; according to Article 47° of the Rules of Procedure of the Immigration Law - passed by Supreme Decree N° 007-2017-IN:

"Artícle 47°.- Updates on the Foreign ID Card

47.1. Foreigners who have been issued a Foreign ID Card must update the photo, biometric data, their address of residence, marriage status, employer info, info of their educational and/or religious institution, and all other information which may have changed, within 30 calendar days after the change took place.

47.2. Not complying with the aforementioned shall be met with sanctions."

"Article 190°.- Sanctions and/or fines levied against foreigners

Foreigners shall be subject to fines should they commit the following infractions: (...)

c) Not updating the info contained in their Foreign ID Card. The fine shall be equivalent to 1% of one Tax Unit (PEN 4,200 for 2019) for each month the info is not updated."

(thanks to RGB Avocats for taking the time to write this note)

update your data.jpg
update your data.jpg (397.84 KiB) Viewed 1860 times

woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Keep "Migraciones" informed about changes to your status

Postby woodchuck » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:44 am

This was an expensive learned when I had a new passport issued.
The US embassy never informed me of this law & I had no reason to believe otherwise.
When I moved to Huaral, I owed a significant fine at Migrations.
With all the people employed in the embassy passport department, someone should be responsible for informing expats about this situation.
Even a small sign posted would be helpful.
You need to pay the fine at Banco National, which is not close to the Migraciones office, so another headache!
Thanks for the article, wish I had knowledge of this 1.5 years ago.
rudder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby rudder » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:41 am

woodchuck wrote:This was an expensive learned when I had a new passport issued.
The US embassy never informed me of this law & I had no reason to believe otherwise.
When I moved to Huaral, I owed a significant fine at Migrations.
With all the people employed in the embassy passport department, someone should be responsible for informing expats about this situation.
Even a small sign posted would be helpful.
You need to pay the fine at Banco National, which is not close to the Migraciones office, so another headache!
Thanks for the article, wish I had knowledge of this 1.5 years ago.

They would probably not even have a clue, because the Peruvians change stuff like this every other month.

Anyway, more proof that Peru doesn’t want foreigners unless you’re an illegal Venezuelan immigrant.
Tropical Food Forests:

https://agroventuresperu.com/
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:36 pm

When applying for an appointment for "Modificación de Datos en la ficha de Inscripción de Registro Central de Extranjería" (I need to update my address), you need to fill out an online form (similar to F-007).

One questions on the form I have no clue about: FECHA DE INGRESO (see below screenshow).

Tried all the dates on my CE card. last application date. Last date correspondence receive. Nothing works.

alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Perhaps latest entry into the country?
gringolandia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby gringolandia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:54 pm

I recently got bit by this as well. I had to renew my CE, and had not been aware that I needed to tell them that my passport had been renewed in the meantime. It was 200 soles and a lot of headache to get it resolved.

Live and learn!
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:07 am

Alan wrote:Perhaps latest entry into the country?

Forgot to mention that it is indeed the last entry date in your passport. They system does not accept any other days, implying that it already knows the date - so why enter it in the first place....
eowens90

Postby eowens90 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Great info, thanks!
Life is like the surf so give yourself away like the sea

http://www.edslatintraveltips.com
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:20 am

In typical bureaucratic fashion, I notified the US Embassy about this issue when it happened to me.
A friend who went to the Embassy to pick up a renewed passport tells me there is no sign or warning.
What is the large (& well-compensated) Embassy staff doing with all their time?
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:23 pm

woodchuck wrote:In typical bureaucratic fashion, I notified the US Embassy about this issue when it happened to me.
A friend who went to the Embassy to pick up a renewed passport tells me there is no sign or warning.
What is the large (& well-compensated) Embassy staff doing with all their time?

It is really not their obligation to do so, since it is a Peruvian not American requirement, but it certainly would be helpful!! Maybe they have internal rules or protocols that prohibit them from doing so. It's hard to understand why they would not try to serve their citizens given this clear opportunity.
woodchuck
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby woodchuck » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am

Alan, that is my feeling 100%.
Especially when I informed the Embassy of the issue.
I sometimes feel the US Embassy is just "going thru the motions" vs. some of the other Embassies.
What do other posters think?
jaclynb

Postby jaclynb » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:31 pm

Hi there. Does anyone know if Migraciones is processing Residency Cancellations? My work here is ending, and I am planning to take a repatriation flight. However, in order to access my AFP funds, I must submit an official document showing that I am terminating my residency and return my carnet before leaving the country. If Migracion is not processing this paperwork and receiving carnets, I am not sure if I will be able to access my AFP. Any wisdom? Thanks!
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:54 am

After being in Peru for 5+ years now, my CE card is about to expire. According to Migraciones I need to apply for a new card (pay 49 Soles) and then apply for a residency extension with my new card. The migraciones office is still closed in Tarapoto (we only came out of lockdown 1 Sep). Migraciones Lima informed me that I still require to start up to process (make an appointment) and then wait for Tarapoto to get their ducks in a row.

In other words. Do not wait with starting up the renewal process.
Wiracocha
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Wiracocha » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:13 pm

G'day Dutchy,
What type of CE card do you have ? Working or rentista ?
Cheers,
W
FDiH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby FDiH » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Wiracocha wrote:What type of CE card do you have ? Working or rentista ?

I have a workers CE.
69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby 69roadrunner » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 am

Wiracocha wrote:G'day Dutchy,
What type of CE card do you have ? Working or rentista ?
Cheers,
W

If he had a rentista visa there would be no concerns about renewing it, now would he?
Cheers
agantuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby agantuk » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:34 pm

Even if you have updated your information, it seems that they are disappearing from their system. I recently learned (when trying to renew my CE) that they can't find my new passport information that I informed them using ACTUALIZACION DE DATOS soon after getting a new passport 5 years ago. Go figure :roll:
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:37 pm

agantuk wrote:Even if you have updated your information, it seems that they are disappearing from their system. I recently learned (when trying to renew my CE) that they can't find my new passport information that I informed them using ACTUALIZACION DE DATOS soon after getting a new passport 5 years ago. Go figure :roll:

Thanks for the heads up. With that in mind, it might be a good idea to take a few screen shots along the way.
Donnie123
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Donnie123 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 pm

It is interesting that many people are passing the same in the USA. Me for example: that I took the decision to stay in NY until November due that I want to receive the cov19 vaccine and that time it will be I guess able for me too. And the DMV NY are sucking a lot of money because their system electronic is not working and bureaucracy issues. Now I have a car with insurance cost of 150.00- a month in the parking without a plate with registration that I need for work. And their solution are to pay more after I paid everything. The car can not move without plate if so:75.00 fine. You want a temporary other 12.00, and it will come (according to others) almost the same day that the plate or even not. Etc.

Having NY as the GDP higher than many countries in Latin American they NY DMV can not update their system. Well I guess everyone are passing in some parts the same as karma, so I would not be complaint, and do not forget also when I applied a visa to USA cost 225. And as more 1000s of Peruvians apply only few Peruvians tourist get the visa and there are a lot of money and there is no return of money but to go to Peru you can go as tourist for 3 months at not cost save your ticket airplane. Who win who loses? You have to think about it. Personally I want the president to apply the same: "Reciprocal policy". So NOT cry expats and thank you for be in Peru and spend your money; indirectly you are helping a country(in development) and people a better life. I sometimes know about corruption but it at least spoken in Peru in the lasts decades, and it's good. See you soon.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register