AirBnB in Peru?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
krisserlis
Silver Member
Silver Member

AirBnB in Peru?

Postby krisserlis » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:10 pm

Hi all

My Peruvian-Australian husband (native of Cusco and lived in Peru for first 33 years of his life), my twin daughters (also Peruvian- Australian but born and raised in Australia and only visited Peru once in 2008) and the partner of one of my daughters' ( a full Aussie country bloke) have booked to visit Peru in August 2020. They will spend the first 6 days in Lima before flying to Cusco to stay with family there.

In looking for accommodation in Lima we saw that short term apartments can be rented via Booking.com and AirBNB. We reserved an apartment via Booking.com that had a 92 percent rating but a number of recent reviews have been negative re cleanliness and one daughter (a slight princess) is concerned and has been looking for alternatives on AirBNB in Peru. I'm wondering how trustworthy the latter is in terms of description and reviews actually matching reality? We are looking ideally somewhere near Parque Kennedy in Miraflores.

I did live in Peru for a number of years but that was back in the 1980s. I visited in 2008 and things were very different so I imagine they'll be even more different now.

Any advice gratefully received!

Alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: AirBnB in Peru?

Postby Alan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:14 am

The only direct experience we have had is with a friend who stayed. She was a newbie to airbnb so chose a place without reviews. Total nightmare (but a great story!).

I find that the review system is reliable, but sometimes you need to read between the lines.

If you are interested in another option, an expat runs this company https://www.acpmobile.net/

Good luck with all.
6672Kevin

Re: AirBnB in Peru?

Postby 6672Kevin » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:48 am

I've used it twice while in Peru and i would say that everything was pretty true to description ;)

So I think you're safe in that matter

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register