finding a notary for notarizing signatures on documents needed in the US

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
wisconsinbadger

finding a notary for notarizing signatures on documents needed in the US

Postby wisconsinbadger » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:52 pm

I need to have a Peruvian resident provide me with a document, in English, signed and notarized (in the American fashion) and sent to me in Wisconsin so that the mother of his daughter - who is now a US citizen - can get a US passport for the child, who now is also a US citizen. The US Passport Office tells me that the notarizing must be done by an authorized US notary, not a Peruvian notaria... Does anyone know where in Lima I could find such a notary public (other than at the US Embassy)?

Formidable 1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: finding a notary for notarizing signatures on documents needed in the US

Postby Formidable 1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:37 pm

wisconsinbadger wrote:I need to have a Peruvian resident provide me with a document, in English, signed and notarized (in the American fashion) and sent to me in Wisconsin so that the mother of his daughter - who is now a US citizen - can get a US passport for the child, who now is also a US citizen. The US Passport Office tells me that the notarizing must be done by an authorized US notary, not a Peruvian notaria... Does anyone know where in Lima I could find such a notary public (other than at the US Embassy)?

Naturalization document? Birth certificate?
Whatever, you'll need an official translation.
Or get the document sent to you and you do the legwork.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register