A version of Miraflores in Trujillo

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member

A version of Miraflores in Trujillo

Postby billybob72 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:53 am

I have a friend who fancies a retirement in Peru and would like to know what is the equivalent of Miraflores in Trujillo? I have never been there so I don't know but he assumes that there must be and it would be cheaper than Miraflores in Lima, I would say his assumption is correct, anyone know where the nice bits (that are safe with all the amenities...) are? Cheers folks! :D

69roadrunner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A version of Miraflores in Trujillo

Postby 69roadrunner » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:01 am

What amenities are you looking for?
Udo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Udo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:13 am

Urbanizaciones El Golf, California, Primavera, La Merced
noclevername
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby noclevername » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Not sure of your friend's needs, but maybe suggest living on the beach at Huanchaco and making the occasional quick trip to Trujillo when needed?
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby billybob72 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:40 am

Thanks Folks!

I suppose what my buddy is after is a beachside suburb with malls, gyms and it's nice. Good to get some names and looking up on Urbania - property is priced pretty reasonable! Thanks! Am I right in thinking the nice barrios of Trujillo aren't on the beach but within the city centre?

Huanchaco is also another possibility! There is talk about a high crime rate with Trujillo itself but I suppose that's the case for any metropolis in Latin America! I suppose living in Huancacho and communting to Trujillo solves that problem! :D

Thanks for your input and insights!
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:52 am

I have spent quite a bit of time in El Golf and Huanchaco, but can't really speak for the rest of the districts. El Golf is quite nice; I find it very similar to, for example, La Encantada de Villa in Chorrillos. Nice homes, parks, lots of palm trees. It does not have the commercial areas that Miraflores does though. It is a quieter place.

Huanchaco is home for many expats who are stunned at the relatively low price of beach property. It's a little disorganized, and really there are very few stores, zero movie theatres, and only a couple banks. Mostly restaurants and surf shops. It's very nice, but more of a small town feel.

A old friend works (and actually has homes) in both El Golf and Huanchaco. He works in real estate and is a trustworthy guy. His English is okay, but not great. I actually met him around 30 years ago when he was a student in an English class I taught back in Vancouver a lifetime ago! Send me a PM if you´d like his contact details.
billybob72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby billybob72 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:18 am

alan wrote:I have spent quite a bit of time in El Golf and Huanchaco, but can't really speak for the rest of the districts. El Golf is quite nice; I find it very similar to, for example, La Encantada de Villa in Chorrillos. Nice homes, parks, lots of palm trees. It does not have the commercial areas that Miraflores does though. It is a quieter place.

Huanchaco is home for many expats who are stunned at the relatively low price of beach property. It's a little disorganized, and really there are very few stores, zero movie theatres, and only a couple banks. Mostly restaurants and surf shops. It's very nice, but more of a small town feel.

A old friend works (and actually has homes) in both El Golf and Huanchaco. He works in real estate and is a trustworthy guy. His English is okay, but not great. I actually met him around 30 years ago when he was a student in an English class I taught back in Vancouver a lifetime ago! Send me a PM if you´d like his contact details.

I have been checking out the property prices of Huanchaco - some proper bargains to be had! How come property there is so cheap?
alan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alan » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:46 am

Huanchaco is really two sections: the beach front properties (which go back 3 rows) and the town itself. Like most towns, there are some nice places, and some real dumps.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register