Langrow?

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
floatwithme

Langrow?

Postby floatwithme » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Hello everyone!

Quick question...Has anyone ever worked for or dealt with Langrow. I have an interview coming up and was just curious on their credibility. Thanks!

naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 am

I know of them, two things I know, they advertise a lot and they send you all over LIma, Try here for some good places.

http://tefltips.blogspot.com/2008/11/to ... -lima.html
http://tefltips.blogspot.com/2008/02/ul ... -peru.html
http://tefltips.blogspot.com/2008/10/li ... tutes.html

YOu can find lots of teaching jobs in Peru here
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/perujobbulletin
gabyespinosa
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby gabyespinosa » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm

I actually work with them. They do send you all over Lima because you usually teach executives at their place of work and some of these companies might be in Ate, San Isidro, Miraflores, Surco, etc. And you're just played the hourly rate, no extra for transportation so you do have to take that into account.

I like working there but I'm a bit biased towards them because I started working for them in 1996 when there were less than 10 teachers, stopped when I went to live in the US for 8 years and have now been working with them again since May of last year. They now employ 120 teachers so they're a pretty big outfit.

If you want to know more just PM me.

Gaby
teacher12

Never, ever work for Langrow

Postby teacher12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I used to work for Langrow. It is the most corrupt company that I have ever worked for. They never paid me on-time, they attempted to not pay me when they sent me to a location outside of Lima, and after I finally quit, they did not pay me my last month's paycheck. I took the case to court, and they were ordered to pay me, but they never did. I have also heard of many other cases of employees not getting paid. NEVER EVER WORK THERE!!!!!
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:29 pm

yes! teacher12..my friend he is also american and lives 5 minutes from me here in good old comas had a payment issue with them! he worked for a month, and did the training, etc. and he never seen a DIME! plus, he said that the workdays wer like 2 hours one day, 4 the next, and you had to go ALLL over the place.

i have a very close peruvian friend that was actually TAUGHT by langrow, and he speaks english very well...

the company pays based on senority, is what i have been told...those that have been there the longest get a decent salary of like 5000 soles or something like that...what is it, like 25 soles an hour for a new teacher or something? plus you have only a few hours a day..and the the travel expenses...not worth it

gaby, my friend, how are you? i didnt know you worked for them! when are you traveling back to australia? how are your children?

kim
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 pm

Gaby's in OZ now. Langrow is another place , like Peruveloz, that advertises all the time. Look in El COmercio, you'll see their advert every week. IN general, just avoid places that advertise alot, it means high turnover
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:19 am

sharon
ah! this is an older posting..i didnt check that before I responded. Thats too bad, she is such a neat person. I had hoped to see her again! What about Suzanne? Shes so sweet! Did she move back home, as I havent seen her post in a LONG time!
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:02 pm

Yep, she's still here! Try emailing her

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register