ACAP DAY OUT AT CIENEGUILLA SATURDAY 8TH OF AUGUST!

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
ACAPLIMA
Gold Member
Gold Member

ACAP DAY OUT AT CIENEGUILLA SATURDAY 8TH OF AUGUST!

Postby ACAPLIMA » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

ACAP DAY OUT AT CIENEGUILLA

ACAP is having a Day Out at Cieneguilla! This will be on Saturday the 8th of August. We will have a bus service departing from The Union Church at 10am or you can meet us at Mesa de Piedra Restaurant in Cieneguilla at 11.45 am. The bus service is S/. 15 for a round trip.

The Menu will be:

ANDEAN MENU

Entree.- Anticuchos or Stuffed Rocoto
Main : ¼ Barbequed Chicken with yellow potatoes and salad.
Bebida : 1 medium soft drink

(Vegetarian option available upon request)

And for the Children:

We will have Barbequed Chorizo Sandwiches or hot-dogs with a soft drink for S/. 15.00.

We will also have a football and a volleyball competition, so do please bring your sports clothes!

The address is: Jr. Los Laureles, Mz J, Lote 1, Huaycan de Cieneguilla (Km 27.5 of the Highway to Cieneguilla)

The price is:
S/. 45.00 ACAP Members
S/. 55.00 ACAP Non-Members
S/. 15.00 Children
S/. 15.00 Bus Service

What are you waiting to pre-register with us for this fantastic Day out? Pre-register with us at [email protected] or ring us at 222-6359.

Payment must be made in full by no later than Thursday the 6th of August.

Best regards,

American and Canadian Association of Peru
Av. Angamos Oeste 1155, Miraflores
222-6359
http://www.acap-peru.org
newinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby newinperu » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:16 pm

I hope a lot of you come out to this event. This is a little break from the normal night outs that we have been having. We figured that this would be a great way to sit quietly and talk to your fellow expats. It's a great way to know Cieneguia where the sun is out when it's cold in Lima. It's only like 45 minutes away and we are having a bus service take us out there.

This restaurant is a campestre type of restaurant, which is a large yard with plenty of events, so a great way to spend a nice half day. I'm sure we will have some games going on like ping pong or the Peruvian frogger game. The website address is www.mesadepiedra.com, so check it out, and call the office to confirm you are coming.
newinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby newinperu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey guys,

Filling in for the ACAP office. It looks like we have close to 30 people pre registered already. We hope to hit 50+ for this event, but either way it will be fun. Call or e-mail the office now to reserve a spot on the bus, or if you just plan on driving, we de need you to let us know you will be coming. Hope to see you all there.
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 am

a few questions..do the children have to pay the s/15 for the bus fare, or only adults?

if i purchase a membership, is it good for the whole family, or do i need to purchase individually?
Adventurous.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Adventurous.1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:19 am

Mommyof2Angels wrote:a few questions..do the children have to pay the s/15 for the bus fare, or only adults?

if i purchase a membership, is it good for the whole family, or do i need to purchase individually?

I am unsure of the answer to your first question but the answer to the second is on the ACAP website. 8)
http://www.acap-peru.org/membership.htm
Zietgiest :^0

Do or do not, there is no try
- Yoda-
newinperu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby newinperu » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 am

Kids do have to pay the 15 soles for the bus, but if they are big enough to take their own seat of course. Membership is typically for family or individual. If you paid for a family membership, the whole family pay as members. Hope to see you later today.
americorps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby americorps » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:04 am

Membership is $60 per family, $40 for individual members...and well worth it

The board of directors is stacked with some curmudgeons, but there are enough people involved that really want to build a community by listening to the membership instead of follow their own personal agenda that it ends up working out pretty well.

They have morphed a bit over the last few years. They used to be stronger at being a source of referrals for expats, and had less of a social network. When they changed office managers, the board pushed the new office manager away from information and referrals and more towards events so the referral portion is not what it used to be, but the social events are stronger than ever.

I have been a member since I moved here and have found it to be worth its weight in gold, though I miss the Info and referral aspect of the agency. They still provide it, but it is not as extensive as it used to be..but in all fairness, the former office manager knew everything and everyone off the top of her head, so when she left, it sort of had to be recreated....

However...we here at expatperu.com know that most of the information we need can be found right here on this very website.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register