is breakfast not on the menu in Miraflores?

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Adventurous.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

is breakfast not on the menu in Miraflores?

Postby Adventurous.1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:11 am

I have walked Miraflores for the last couple of weeks early in the morning looking for a restaurant to have breakfast, not fast food or just coffee but breakfast.
The restaurant we had the last ACAP meeting at, the Mezze, has a killer breakfast menu but they open too late in the morning for me.
I haven't went to "little America" yet (Larcomar) as I despise the place except for the pool tables in the bowling alley in the basement.
Anybody know where a good breakfast can be found without me making it? 8)

Zietgiest :^0

Do or do not, there is no try
- Yoda-
Arroz con Pollo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Arroz con Pollo » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:17 am

Cafe Haiti right next to McD's in Park Kennedy. They open pretty early and have a decent American style breakfast and very good coffee/espresso.
Adventurous.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Adventurous.1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 pm

Arroz con Pollo wrote:Cafe Haiti right next to McD's in Park Kennedy. They open pretty early and have a decent American style breakfast and very good coffee/espresso.

Thanks, I'll give them a visit this week. 8)
Last edited by Adventurous.1 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Yoda-
cajun jamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cajun jamie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:59 pm

1. If you want to spend about $20 and die in heaven, try the breakfast at the Marriott on Larco. It is extreme and amazing!

2. Near the Starbucks is a restaurant with an arabic name, I forget the name, but they have a GREAT breakfast menu.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=-12.1209583&l ... =3&m=s&v=9

3. 1 block UP from Manolo's, before the Municipalidad is a little cafe you will find with a great breakfast as well. Hard to describe, but if you go looking in the morning, you will see it. Good stuff.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=-12.1209583&l ... =3&m=s&v=9

4. If you want to try something delicious, purchase from Wong a container of Frejoles and one of Aji de Gallina. Make an omelet and inside put a small spoon of Frejoles and a large spoon of Aji de Gallina. You will not be disappointed.

They also sell "Tocino Ahumado" or smoked bacon. Be sure to get plain Tocino Ahumado, not anything seasoned or fancy, and you will have good bacon on the side. Just cook it as usual.
Friends don't let friends fly LAN. Support StarPeru!

I am a proud supporter of Pukana Surf School. Miraflores, Playa Makaha - Yellow tent. http://www.pukanasurferschool.com/
Adventurous.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Adventurous.1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:34 pm

cajun jamie wrote:1. If you want to spend about $20 and die in heaven, try the breakfast at the Marriott on Larco. It is extreme and amazing!

LOL, thanks CJ, that is like 2 blocks from my apartment.
I will be there in the morning, any one care to join me around 8?
I'll be the greybeard in the green shirt.
8)

- Yoda-
ibanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ibanker » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:35 pm

La Tiendecita Blanca on Ovalo Pardo has a great breakfast menu as well. Their ommelette is really a treat. I used to eat breakfast there every day last dec. and january
cajun jamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby cajun jamie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:09 pm

The place up from Manolo's is called "La Favorita".

The problem for us gringos, near Parque Kennedy, to borrow an analogy from Stargate SG-1 -is that people see us like a Jaffa at an anti Goa'uld convention.

Anyway, with a gringo breakfast comes gringo prices. La Favorita will set you back at least 18 soles, but enjoy!
Friends don't let friends fly LAN. Support StarPeru!

I am a proud supporter of Pukana Surf School. Miraflores, Playa Makaha - Yellow tent. http://www.pukanasurferschool.com/
Serionlv
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Serionlv » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:49 pm

My favorite is San Antonio. They don't have "American" breakfast but they make a great Spanish tortilla with chorizo. I get the large one and its like an omelet with potato and chorizo. Add a nice cheese empanada, coffee and juice and its great. Not cheap though.

Just three weeks and I will be eating at San Antonio again!
tomsax
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby tomsax » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:37 am

There used to be a kiosk on the corner of La Paz and Diez Canseco, opposite Tefonica, who sold scrambled eggs, toast and coffee with fresh juices. It was a cheap place compared to the usual gringo prices but you had to sit at a little table on the pavement, around 7 soles a couple of years ago.
Tom
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 am

I second all of the above places and the " Rosti du chef" (expensive hash browns)at Tiendecita are the best in Lima. They used to do "hash browns" down at Adios Chow, but it never caught on.

Currently I like the Waffles with maple syrup and a side of scrambled eggs and bacon, over at Cafe Z.

Not quite "jimmy dean" but when I need a breakfast sausage fix the little German cocktail sausages at Wong will do in a pinch.
Pollo mani
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Pollo mani » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 am

Cafe Solandino block 4 of calle Berlin miraflores has breakfast as well, nice mix of styles. Opens 8 am.
american_in_lima
Gold Member
Gold Member

Breakfast Places - American Style

Postby american_in_lima » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:39 pm

1. Manolos - Larco and Schell -Miraflores
Order "el desayuno americano" - eggs, bacon/ham, toast, coffee and juice. About 15-20 soles, but it will fill you up the whole day.
They open at 7 a.m. on the dot. When i crave a good american style breakfast, I go there. Not 100% perfect, but pretty close.

2. Luigi's - Larco/Tarata...one block down from Manolo's. They have the same as Manolo's.

3. Cafe San Antonio - Great coffee, extensive menu.

4. Vivanda - Go to the Deli, they have scrambled eggs, pancakes, syrup, bacon a la carte in the mornings. Not my personal favorite, but it works when you don't want to pay Manolo prices.

5. La Baguette - San Isidro, right off of Av. Conquistadores - Good food, they also have typical american breakfast as a choice.
Adventurous.1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Adventurous.1 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for the responses!
I have been going down the list and so far everyone's desayuno has been great.
muchas gracias! 8)

- Yoda-
american_in_lima
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby american_in_lima » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 am

Adventurous.1: - If you find any new places, let us know.

I love a good breakfast as well. It was a family tradition for me growing up to go have Saturday morning breakfast with my folks.

I still do that today while in Peru. I am always looking for news places.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register