Houses for sale in Punta Negra

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Houses for sale in Punta Negra

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Can anyone tell me why beautiful homes within a close proximity to the beach are so cheap? im talking like 35 grand for a stunning home...and i have even seen some shockingly beautiful homes for 75 grand...it dosent seem real. why so cheap??

naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:31 am

Maybe because they-re used for such a small portion of the year. Are far from the city, easier to rob?
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Houses for sale in Punta Negra

Postby markr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:15 am

Mommyof2Angels wrote:Can anyone tell me why beautiful homes within a close proximity to the beach are so cheap? im talking like 35 grand for a stunning home...and i have even seen some shockingly beautiful homes for 75 grand...it dosent seem real. why so cheap??

Examples please.
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:35 am

i have seen some on craigslist, mercadolibre...i remember asking myself last year about a georgeous beach home for 75 grand advertised on CL about 9 months ago, on mercadolibre there have been many. recently, i think there have been a few-ML-...but it just seems that everything close to the beach is extremely cheap...do you think that it is because the houses are not durable to withstand the salt that the mar is consatantly spraying??
naturegirl

Postby naturegirl » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:07 am

Might be or it might be that they can no longer afford the mortage and are desperate to sell.
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 am

Mommyof2Angels wrote:i have seen some on craigslist, mercadolibre...i remember asking myself last year about a georgeous beach home for 75 grand advertised on CL about 9 months ago, on mercadolibre there have been many. recently, i think there have been a few-ML-...but it just seems that everything close to the beach is extremely cheap...do you think that it is because the houses are not durable to withstand the salt that the mar is consatantly spraying??

"Craigslist".......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mommyof2Angels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mommyof2Angels » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:26 am

markr haha yeah. CL..but believe it or not, i have actually found places on craigslist and went to view them and have had no problems.

but seriously, i am looking for answers as to why the houses are so cheap. a friend of my husbands bought a nice, large 4 br home somwhere in PN last year and paid all of 40 grand. he lives in the usa, but vacations in peru as he is peruvian.
ibanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby ibanker » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:40 am

it's also a function of a shifting market for beach houses among the A class here in Peru. most people in this category now go to Asia so the demand for beach properties in nearby beaches has gone down and in this market, the b,c,d segment has been hurt more than the A in terms of purchasing power
american_in_lima
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby american_in_lima » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:11 pm

Mommy of Two Angels - Did your friend buy a condo or is it a proper house? I have some Peruvian friends that have houses in those areas, but they have someone live there full time to "watch the place". When they need the place for the weekend or a couple of weeks, the live-in, leaves.

I am looking at buying a second home in San Bartolo or in that area but my fear is security since I would only use it for the summers. Don't want someone living in my place to be honest. The condos I looked at were more expensive but that was two years ago. I assume the beach prices have dropped based on what you were mentioning because of Asia. I am not keen on Asia.

Reminded me of Plaza San Miguel but with better cars in the lot. I like more the areas you mentioned as it is not as pretentious.

This year, I will probably pull the trigger. I would love to spend $40,000 on a nice two bedroom apartment.

If you have any ideas on where, would love to hear from you.

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register