Good massage therapist recommendations??

Answers to your qestions about moving to, and living in, Peru,
musiclover
Gold Member
Gold Member

Good massage therapist recommendations??

Postby musiclover » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:25 am

Can anyone recommend a good massage therapist? I've been to several that Peruvian friends have recommended but I have not yet been satisfied...someone in Miraflores or San Isisdro with a relaxing environment would be nice. You can't (or maybe other expats can??!) believe some of the experiences I've had!...THANKS, just looking to de-stress!

Calmira woman
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Good massage therapist recommendations??

Postby Calmira woman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:14 pm

There is a woman named Pati at a salon called MIU on Jose Galvez St. in Miraflores. She is very professional, sensitive, heats the room up so that you are not cold and is a very good masseuse. I believe I paid 50 soles for a one hour massage, and believe me it was well worth it. It took all the pain out of my body, and I will go to her again when I am in Lima. You may have to make an appointment to see her. I no longer have the phone number of the place but it is easy to find. Near the corner of Recavarren, Jose Galvez is a one way street. I had a massage at a very expensive spa in San Isidro, and the room was more beautiful, but the massage not as good as Pati's. My former hair guy, Willie, is there and that's how I met Pati. Good luck-destressing is vitally important in Lima.
Mr. X
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Mr. X » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:33 am

You can't (or maybe other expats can??!) believe some of the experiences I've had!

Musiclover,
I'd like to read about those experiences you've had. I was in Lima last week, staying in Miraflores and experiencing some back issues. I could have used a chiropractic adjustment and passed by an advertisement for a spa which offered chiropractic, but had my doubts about what I would find. A legitimate chiropractor or something less?

I noticed too that there are a lot of masajes offered in Cusco. Are they legit or leaning toward the sex trade?
gatorfire1997

Postby gatorfire1997 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:32 am

I am also looking for a honest, legit, licensed place for a massage; Miraflores area. I found one - but does not welcome men, only women and family.
Alpineprince
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Alpineprince » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am

gatorfire1997 wrote:I am also looking for a honest, legit, licensed place for a massage; Miraflores area. I found one - but does not welcome men, only women and family.

The Marriott hotel has a great massage room and it used to be only S/.70 the hour!
Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Ron » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:25 pm

gatorfire,

If you are willing to make the trip, the Yaku Spa in the Hotel Country has really good massage therapists both male and female. We go every time we are in Lima. As a Chiro, I know how frustrating it can be to find a good therapist. The ones at Yaku offer a really good mix of relaxation or therapeutic massage. Just let them know what you are looking for and they can adapt the massage to suit you.
pelirojaperuanac
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pelirojaperuanac » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

If you're willing to come to Magdalena, I have a WONDERFUL place I go. The girl is a physical therapist so she knows very well how to do massage and also suggest excercises and stretches to alleviate pain! Its on Javier Prado between Salaverry and Brazil, closer to Brazil.
Its called Aiko Spa on Javier Prado Oeste #509. Number is 261-4746
pelirojaperuanac
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby pelirojaperuanac » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 pm

I forgot to add that Aiko Spa is 65 soles for an hour and SO worth it!

Return to “Expat Information”

Login  •  Register