Looking for a room in Lima, preferably in Miraflores, or Barranco

Searching for a roommate? Describe your shared flat or apartment and explain the living situation and cost. Remember, take all possible precautions before letting a stranger into your home.
Forum rules
This forum is meant exclusively for people looking for roommates, or for people with a room to rent. Don't use this forum to place an advert for your apartment for rent.
GraemeFoster

Looking for a room in Lima, preferably in Miraflores, or Barranco

Postby GraemeFoster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:14 am

Hi all,

I am 52 year old English Professor from the United Kingdom due to land in Lima on 27th October and am looking for a room to rent in the above areas if possible. I plan to stay in Lima for a minimum of 6 months and longer if all works out.

I have a budget of up to $300 pm and would like a double bed if at all possible as I have spent the last 3 weeks in a single bed in Caracas and had forgotten how uncomfortable it is!!

Please contact my via email, [email protected] and I will reply asap. You can also WhatsApp me on +58 424 1506684

Kind regards

Graeme Foster

AncientAlien

Re: Looking for a room in Lima, preferably in Miraflores, or Barranco

Postby AncientAlien » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 am

Look on the lamp posts, telephone posts on the street, ask the security guards and also check some tiendas.. youll see tons of listing on the street, just call the numbers. Its not hard at all to find rooms around s/300 - s/400 per month and up.
GraemeFoster

Postby GraemeFoster » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Gracias Mr Alien,

My problem is that I am in Venezuela at the moment so was trying to sort this out before landing in Lima!
AncientAlien

Postby AncientAlien » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Ok, unfortunately you will probably be stuck with paying gringo prices.. you can for a short time until you find something cheaper. Keep in mind, an average simple room with everything included should only cost you between s/300 and s/500 per month..
GraemeFoster

Postby GraemeFoster » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:13 am

Many thanks again for your reply.

I am getting the impression from the lack of replies to my emails that I need to be in Lima, like you have suggested, to have any joy.

No problem, I have manged to secure something temporary for when I land next week and will definitely take your advice once I find my feet.

Have a great weekend

G

Return to “Roommates / Rooms for Rent”

Login  •  Register