Surfboards and wetsuits wanted!

Post your items for sale here. Use a clear, descriptive subject line, and please consult our "Rules and Advice" before agreeing to meet a buyer or a seller. Take precautions.
amypowell

Surfboards and wetsuits wanted!

Postby amypowell » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:40 am

Hi there,

We have recently moved to Lima and are keen surfers. Unfortunately we couldn't bring our kit out here with us so we are looking to buy surfboards and wetsuits out here. Any offers of kits to buy or any advice on good places much appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Amy

Tracyrteach
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Surfboards and wetsuits wanted!

Postby Tracyrteach » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:47 pm

There is a very nice, young shaper named Dario Milano. He has been shaping boards in Lima for close to ten years. Go to his website www.derrem.com and get in contact with him. He can tailor boards to very specific needs and prices are cheaper than the more established brands. I've bought two boards from him and looking to have my third soon. Good luck!
amypowell

Postby amypowell » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi,

Many thanks for this....really helpful! We will definitely look him up!

We also found this website http://www.vendotablasperu.com/ which sells very reasonable second hand boards if you are interested. Do you know any good places to find wetsuits?

Thanks again,

Amy
JamesJ

Postby JamesJ » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Peru is home to a world class wetsuit company, Boz. (www.bozwetsuits.com) they will be a bit cheaper than imported suits, and they are top quality. I actually know many people in California who use them religiously. Not sure about used ones though. I'd also look up Wayo Whilar, he is a top notch very experienced shaper and I've never surfed a bad board of his. Also, the Klimax surfboards shop on Jose Gonzalez around the corner from the Bembos on Larco in Miraflores has a selection of used boards as well as their own new ones. There are many more options but these should get you going for now.

Return to “Buy & Sell”

Login  •  Register