Cheddar Cheese

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Kelly

Cheddar Cheese

Postby Kelly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Wong has been having an imported cheddar cheese fairly regularly, and it's not bad. But I also noticed that they have a made in Peru cheddar, was wondering if anyone had tried it?

markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cheddar Cheese

Postby markr » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Kelly wrote:Wong has been having an imported cheddar cheese fairly regularly, and it's not bad. But I also noticed that they have a made in Peru cheddar, was wondering if anyone had tried it?

Not tried either, but if you like cheddar Plaza Vea import a cheese from New zealand called "Mainland" It comes in Mild, strong and vintage at about 12 Soles for 250g. It's as good as you'll find in Lima.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Sounds good, since I go to PV about once a week anyway. Thanks for the heads up, i'll give it a try.
PTTurboe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby PTTurboe » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 am

Wong in La Molina had some from Wisconsin too...
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:25 pm

I was just in Wong in Aurora, and they have Colby/Jack pre-sliced and preshredded, along with mozzerella shredded and a couple other options.

I only usually only shop Wong when I find I've run out of something and need it fast, but if I may be going in more often now that they've got some half-decent cheese in there. It's not gourmet, but it'll do on a burger!
amylimena
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby amylimena » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 pm

They also have presliced cheddar, provolone, and munster at Benavides/Caminos del Inca Wong. And string cheese! They even have reduced fat string cheese!
Pollo mani
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Pollo mani » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:28 am

I sure do miss my Vermont cheddar while here. Just have to eat my fill when back in the states :D
markr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby markr » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 am

amylimena wrote:They also have presliced cheddar, provolone, and munster at Benavides/Caminos del Inca Wong. And string cheese! They even have reduced fat string cheese!

To use the words "reduced fat" and "cheese" in the same sentence is culinary blaspheme.
You'll be saying next that it's best accompanied by a glass of full bodied, Rioja light :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polaron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Polaron » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:57 pm

The Fields brand "cheddar ingles" that is offered at Wong is pretty good; it is sharp cheddar, though pricey at S/. 62.50 per kilo.
Professional, bilingual writer at your service.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register