Peruvian Cooking classes?

This forum has been closed. Please refer to the first post to find useful links.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
ehat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Peruvian Cooking classes?

Postby ehat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:13 am

Hello!

Would people be interested in taking Peruvian cooking classes to learn about more homey things/desserts? If so, what would you want to learn how to make and how much would you be willing to pay? My mother-in-law is thinking about starting to give casual classes in English, Spanish or German.

Thanks!

h2olilly
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Peruvian Cooking classes?

Postby h2olilly » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 pm

I would! I have been looking but only found one exspensive place that does lessons and meals for tourists, or places teaching professional chefs. So if someone was offering to come to my house and teach me I would love it. What would I pay I guess around 50soles an hour, and me paying the cost of any ingredients on top of that.
Serionlv
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Serionlv » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:03 pm

I also would like some general cooking classes for common Peruvian dishes. I would like guidance for preparing some of the common ingredients found in the local markets. For me it would not need to be a private lesson and I could see taking a class each week. I would expect to pay more for a private class in my home and less for a class if I am traveling to someones home and taking a class with a few other students.
el conquistador

Postby el conquistador » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:12 pm

Chefschool has a good reputation and they charge democratic prices.
They have schools all over Peru.
alexPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alexPeru » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 am

Hey guys - I know a chef. She's a teacher at a local culinary school, and a good friend of my mum's. She also caters if needed. She comes to your house, and charges (I think) 100 soles for 3 hours of cooking lessons. There is so much food prepared, you're usually set for 3 or 4 days! She sends you the list of ingredients beforehand, or if you prefer, she can go with you to the market or grocery store and help you pick the best ingredients and fresh produce - this options is great if, like me, you're learning from scratch!

Her name is Marisol - contact me via PM if you would like her details. I don't want to post her number out there, you know? She's super cool.
mammalu
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby mammalu » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Guys, the OP started this request, let's not hijack his/her post and advertise others. You could easily start another post.
Stand with anybody that stands RIGHT. Stand with him while he is right and PART with him when he goes wrong." ! Abraham Lincoln
alexPeru
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alexPeru » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:14 pm

I am SO sorry - I didn't read the whole original post. How can I delete my post?
ehat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby ehat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Don't worry alexPeru-won't hole it against you:)

@Serionlv and h2olilly, send me a pm, i seem unable to make them work for me, and we can set something up.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register