Paranormal activity

This is the place for ON or Off topic conversations. Almost anything goes - but be kind, and no trolling.
Forum rules
While the rules in this forum are more relaxed than in other parts of the Expat site, there are still a few things we’d like you to remember: No name calling, no insults – be civil to each other!
Contra-quistador
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Paranormal activity

Postby Contra-quistador » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Nice string Alchemist! … personally have not had any paranormal experiences, perhaps just a glimp into a past life via a dream with visual confirmation that day…

However, I do get annoyed (thanks Kelly!) by those that have nothing constructive to add here, I would suggest they go to the bottom of the page and at the pull down menu next to „go“ and select their destiny… as we definitely are living in interesting times… we’ve been in the dark too long.

Yet, in the Flesh and Blood, recently have a found interest in the 7 Hermetic Principles… any comments?

Peace!

“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” Plato
alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alchemist » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 pm

I like the poetry of this phrase, refering to the 7 Hermetic Principles: "Keep your mind ever on the Star, but let your eyes watch over your footsteps, lest you fall into the mire by reason of your upward gaze".

Looking at your profile photo for a few seconds, Contra-quistador, I suddenly had the strong, but fleeting impression of seeing four falcons on an electric line. Some call it imagination, but then if it is imagination, where does this imagination, or image originate from ?

Personnally, I am convinced human beings often "tap in" unconsciously, in a universal source, and receive information, images, ideas from this "Universal Mind", like being on a different frequency for a split second.

Here are a couple of interesting extracts I found on the two brain spheres :

"It happens that the human brain comes in two well-defined halves. No-one seems to know why, though it has been argued that switching from symmetrical to asymmetrical functioning gave the human brain a sudden increase in power by cutting out duplication. But since consciousness is unitary, the dual structure of the brain raises some interesting problems. In Moby Dick , Herman Melville pointed out that since the eyes of whales are widely separated, they must either, unimaginably, perceive two entirely separate visual fields at once, or in effect, look at only one side at a time. If problems like that arise from having two separate eyes, what can we expect from two different centres of consciousness? Descartes chose the pineal gland as the centre of interaction between mind and body partly because it was one of the few brain structures which wasn't duplicated. "

On BLINDSIGHT

"Damage to certain areas of the brain may leave a patient blind in one eye, or in one area of their visual field. Although they have normal vision elsewhere, such patients are unable to report what is going on in the 'blind spot' and say that they see nothing there. However, experiments have shown that when asked to guess the location of an object or a light in the blind patch, some of them perform well. Although they continue to say they cannot see the object in question, they consistently point in right direction. This phenomenon is known as 'blindsight'."

http://www.consciousentities.com/experiments.htm

(after writing this text, I made a mistake with my computer, and all my text disappeared, so had to rewrite it again, a coïncidence as someone wrote me a message just a couple of days ago saying exact same had happened!)
“Why it's simply impassible!
Alice: Why, don't you mean impossible?
Door: No, I do mean impassible. (chuckles) Nothing's impossible!”
Contra-quistador
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby Contra-quistador » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:57 am

Hey Alchemist!

... studied Bio-Psych in school, but that was from the material point of view (correcting behavior)... the "spirit" is more interesting than axons & synapses, yet being familiar with the brain's parts and functions (the story of Phineas Gage is wild, if you are not familiar with it), many split brain studies have been conducted. Here is a short lecture by a woman who experienced her stroke recounting it, referring to the functions of the hemispheres... rather moving and amusing.

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_tay ... sight.html

Thanks for imparting your "fleeting impression"... are not falcons messenger birds? Even "deja vu" may be a "string." ... yes, very cool stuff indeed, even from the point of view of an empowering "spirit" ... where some would call it "hope." If one is frozen by fear, they are stuck and will find it more difficult to "fly" or ascend (let alone recognizing the potential that we have a spirit that allows us to.)

Peace to ya'!
“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” Plato
alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alchemist » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:17 pm

Quite an amazing testimony... thank you for sharing it; the part about making associations caught my attention, it's another of our ego's "tricks" always to be chatting and never staying still !

Really not much to do with this testimony, and less spectacular, was a dream I had some time ago, on psychic gifts, abilities, faculties... a Being, that I couldn't see, said to me, "It's always the same, they end up wanting to make money out of it... but by trying to make money out of a gift, like mediumnity, they won't be able to develop such gifts or abilities nearly as much as when one does not seek to".

This dream repeated itself under various forms, and to me, does seem to reflect well on current activites that are going on in the supernatural field, expanding like wildfire, where so many try to use psychic gifts in a commercial manner, going as far as distribuing diplomas; so sad really...
gww1966
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby gww1966 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 am

How to ruin an interesting post.Some people seem to get a kick out of posting a confrontational reply.A certain minority seem to ruin Expats for the majority.If someone believes in Ghosts etc ,good for them .Live and let live .If you have something interesting to post ,fantastic.But to criticise other peoples opinion just for the sake of it ,is just sad.If someone called me dillusional ,I would find it offensive.
Perhaps certain people should get out more ,live a more interesting life and enjoy everything Peru has to offer.Kindest regards to all .Graham.
Ps .I believe in ghosts.But thats another story.
jamesw

Postby jamesw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi, has anyone heard of Matusita? Its meant to be the most haunted house in Peru. A reporter decided to prove that it was just an ordinary house so he spent the night. They found him the following day acting like a maniac and was sent to an asylum.
Comet

Postby Comet » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:52 pm

renodante wrote:
Philipc4u59 wrote:I enjoy this thread; Viviane, the alchemist - is a lovely person!
Believing or not to believe; she certainly is REALLY NICE!!! :roll:

agree 100%

Hm..an alchemist is a person who tries to change base metals into gold...nothing more , nothing less...why does nobody here know that ?
renodante
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby renodante » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 pm

jamesw

Postby jamesw » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:00 pm

Comet wrote:Kelly..please block me , seriously, don´t let me have the tempatation to come here again and read the ravings of the seriously crazy and deluded people here..it´s beyond words to say how disturbing it is to read such absolute nonsensense in the 21st century. I didn´t realise that EXpat had become a refuge for the very crazy people who are taking over the board..it is one thing to have freedom of speech etc but when the insane are posting left right and centre about the most absurd beliefs ...you have to draw a line and honestly I prefer to be banned and shut down forever to read the deluded and , clearily mentaly ill, postings that have become the norm here. Scary , scary stuff.

if you really think this... then why on earth do you even read the posts in the first place?? does it really bother you that other people have different beliefs?? you really are a sad little person...
sidro
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby sidro » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 am

It appears I will not be a very active participant on this post site. The posts submitted and the replies seem very slanted in idealism and liberalism. I can not stomach a liberal lashing back, accusing an individual that has different views, as using defamitory or insulting remarks. What a bunch of self righteous wimps! This type of attitude of political correctness is typical of what precipitated and eventually turned the United States into the liberal entitlement society it now is. Get some backbone, suck it up and take a harsh word about you in stride. Give me a break! Go cry and whine somewhere else.
Kelly

Postby Kelly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 pm

sidro wrote: Go cry and whine somewhere else.

The same could be said to you.
Philipc4u59
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Philipc4u59 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Freedom of expression, is not universally enjoyed...
I find it interesting to educate & exercise my mind with NEW IDEAS; no one if forcing anyone to accept!

Philip
alchemist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby alchemist » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Everyone is free to have their own interpretation on things, for example to me, alchemy is about changing, improving one's personality through good actions, reflexion, inner observation, forgiveness, meditation.
falconagain
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby falconagain » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Interesting, some people criticized the definition of Alchemy without
looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

Looks like they ignore sources when the sources do not agree with them.
vivaperusurf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby vivaperusurf » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:56 am

Bumping an old thread to share an experience i had while living in puerto malabrigo/chicama

This is a village where some of the population believes in witchcraft and they are highly superstitous.

It was a full moon. I had fallen asleep around 9pm, a deep sleeep, after a full day of surfing.

I was sharply woken up around 2am to the sound of EVERY SINGLE DOG IN THE PUEBLO barking and howling at the top of their lungs. This mixture of sounds was certianly unnerving to say the least, why would all the dogs be freaking out like that at that time. Surely they had a reason.

Next morning i asked some older locals about it and there is a legend of a dead fisherman who supposedly his spirit comes out of the ocean once and a while on full moons and roams the village.

Well whatever the cause was, there are lots of dogs in town, and for them to all set off barking and howling for a long period of time like mad, it was something that stuck with me you know? It was a lot of noise, and they dont just all freak out at once for nothing.

I spent a few more full moons in the town and never heard the concert of barking again, but just thinking about that one time, it really made me believe there was SOMETHING that had to get their attention!
minos
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby minos » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm

Hello, when I go my people in northern Peru, I stay at my godmother's house. Every night a man came and left him a bowl of fruit: apples, grapes, plums. This was repeated for four days, so I am very cautious and do not ask any of this.

But eventually, curiosity got the better since the fourth night, I told my sponsor that what was the reason that he came to deliver the fruit? and he told me the following:

"This man is very poor but very grateful and so I came to give this gift as best they can, because his son experienced a demonic possession. Bean is manifested in madness, as the teenager went out like crazy after the motorcycle taxis, and stopped, and this made him a complete fool "

Then said he saw strange shadows, for soon after entering a catatonic state. So I called my godmother, as she was close to someone in the plantation Tuman could expel the demon (a lady who is well known and it is very difficult to achieve as it has the full schedule throughout the year, something like if want to talk now with Humala)

Well, my godmother told me that when they were in front of the child, or Seer Witch or Santa, not as it were, made ​​them do what is in the book of Tobit: cap: 6 Vers: 14-19

They did prayers amid very heavy and the child was able to recover

I can not say anything else, except for what I witnessed.

Return to “Expat Conversations”

Login  •  Register